Thanks Sean - he tells partiers to wear a mask

Sean no longer takes my calls.

the particles that the virus transported in are generally large enough to be stopped by at mask at your mouth.

Some will get through, but even those will not travel as far because of the mask.

If your community is healthy, it’s easier to keep our self healthy.

If the people you employ are healthy, you will get greater output from them.

What is the size of the airborne particle the virus is transported in?

And what those labels are referring to is, if you get sneezed on while you are wearing the mask, and not the virus is directly on your mask, you could inhale the virus through the fabric of your mask.

But the virus comes out of the infected in droplets of mucus and water that would be stopped at the infected person’s mask when he sneezed because the droplets are much larger than the virus.

Are you in my community? Do you work for me?

1 Like

Maybe. This is an anonymous message board.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Consider this as well. The size of the virus is so small that it can ride an air current for up to half an hour. That means when somebody coughs or sneezes that particle can essentially be in the air long after that person left the area.

stole your meme

2 Likes

I’d always prefer someone not cough or sneeze in my face or on me. The mask may keep the drool from hitting you but the virus will pass on through without being hindered. Like the filter in your furnace. The filter stops the dirt down to a certain size, but the smaller particles get through giving you a nice buildup over time in your duct work. The masks make people FEEL safer and provide the extra benefit of preparing us to obey our benevolent big brother down the road…

5 Likes

Spot on.

He also condemns Whitmer and Cuomo and wants to reopen in most places.

Any kudos for that? :grin:

1 Like

You keep saying this as though it is established fact. I have yet to find a single peer-reviewed study that suggests that cloth masks, in particular, provide all that much protection. I’ve found some preprint studies to that effect, but upon reviewing their citation, I found them lacking. This is why WHO doesn’t recommend healthy people wear masks - there is currently limited evidence as to the effectiveness of wearing masks. So limited that WHO finds the adjoining risks of violating social distancing and increased touching of face and eyes that are associated with mask wearing to be more concerning than not wearing a mask.

To be clear, I wear a mask in public, just in case. I socially distance. There is little to no risk to me for wearing a mask and I don’t find it that offputting, in the short-term. But unless someone can link me to the peer-reviewed literature, this is just the HCQ of PPE. It’s just that the risks or so small, why not do it?

3 Likes

Precisely right.

We can catch the coronavirus in our eyes, where are the mass produced safety goggles?

You can put a coffee filter, a paper towel or quilt batting inside your masks for extra protection.

On Monday I saw a interview with a guy in his early twenties. He was asked why he wasn’t wearing a mask or social distancing. He said that the president was not doing either and he was okay.

They should at least clue us in as to what will influence the decision. A little transparency might be nice.