TEXAS RAMPAGE: Authorities Release the Identity of the 17-Year-Old Gunman

No way. They are a high-quality news service. Not a tabloid that hypes.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

1 Like

And still missed the shooting in Dixon Illinois earlier in the week.

2 Likes

Dixon IL.

Isn’t that the attempted shooting wherein a convicted felon was able to purchase tgew weapon because current laws already on the books, were ignored?

Kinda reminds me of the Parkland FL shooting wherein a career bad guy was able to purchase a weapon because current laws already on the books were ignored, so he had passed the background check.

1 Like

They’re basing it off of Bloomberg’s group. You remember Bloomberg? Very anti-gun. Of course according to his group, the claim is over 40 now. At least CNN trimmed it down a little. Just shows the “stats” are easily manipulated depending on how one defines “mass shooting” events.

It wasn’t an attempted shooting but yeah.

I heard the shooter used two guns that were legally owned by his father. Can anyone explain how new gun control laws would stop such a thing?

Correct, that’s what they do. Included in the 22 were an accidental discharge, as well as someone using a BB gun.

Those advocating for further restrictions aren’t looking for results, they’re looking to placate their insecurities.

2 Likes

Stop the damn lies about Chicago

And to smear Republicans, and law abiding gun owners, as child killers.

But it’s really an honest question. What laws would have prevented the shooter from taking his dad’s guns?

The father could have had the guns locked up, but since the shooter isn’t a young child any more, he may have felt it wasn’t necessary.

1 Like

I don’t live in Texas, but am fairly sure it is legal for citizens to carry guns, provided of course that they were obtained in the first place in a legal manner.

There are no laws that would prevent this. Unless we figure out why this society is producing violent murder prone kids lacking any semblance of empathy, nothing is going to stop this.

But it took place near a school, so liberals will count it as a “school shooting.”

I have to agree. There is something seriously wrong with society. And I think the wall to wall coverage does not help.

I really wish the media would not publish the names of the shooters. I refuse to call them by name.

1 Like

At least they cut incident where the kid who pointed his finger at another kid and said “bang” from their list. :wink:

Remember, the Sandy Hook shooter killed his mother so he could take her guns from her locked safe.

Nonsense … we all know that it is the proliferation of AR rifles that is causing teenagers to kill their classmates.

/sarcasm

You are right about the publicity factor. The Media really needs to do some soul searching.

That’s true. It’s so horrible.

J J Watt, who plays for the NFL in Texas, is going to pay for the funerals. He also raised a lot of money for the victims of Hurricane Harvey and did a lot of relief work.

HE’s really one of the good guys.