TEXAS RAMPAGE: Authorities Release the Identity of the 17-Year-Old Gunman

Then why do you feel the need to come on here and post snide or smartass posts then?

Why do cops need more than 7 rounds?

There you go assuming again. No my premise was not that guns are necessary to commit mass murder. My premise is that they make it much easier and much more deadly.

Yes people are doing the killing and they’re doing the killing with tools explicitly made to do that job and do it well.

yeah, it is frustrating that there isn’t an answer.

There are some things that can be done.

How about we require mandatory psychological screening for all males 10-18 at school?

Was that something you would have wanted to have done with your son in k-12?

No, you’re not asking the right question.

Who, me? Then I don’t know the right question.

I would not be for mandatory psych screening of boys. That’s not like medical screening, where a result can be fairly definitive. Anyone tasked with mental screening will lean toward finding “issues”, if only to justify their job.

But now I feel like the kind of person who just shoots down every suggestion. :frowning:

You are the one who brought intent into the issue. I’m saying that intent does not matter to the victims.

The right question is “Would you want to know if your son was at risk for being broken?”

The answer is yes. His school had a rash of suicides. I prayed a lot.

They don’t like it? I don’t like them shooting up schools.

I can’t believe you accused a medical professional of leaning.

Not easy, is it? Probably easier to ban something.

Clearly it’s not easier to ban something.

Yeah … there has been a real rash of SS recipients who don’t have the mental capacity to manage their own money going out and buying guns and shooting people.

Are you forgetting it was already done for a decade?

key word: was.

Why is that a key word?

Good point. I don’t know if they can screen for that.

I don’t have a son. I don’t understand how they’re wired. I don’t understand how the parenting breaks down for these boys.

My daughter was broken for a few years. I prayed a lot and took her to every mental health professional I could find until I found one who could fix her. School wasn’t needed. I did it myself. I don’t understand how these boys get to that point if they have parents?

Speaking of forgetting about exceptions for law enforcement, the proposed Florida law raising the minimum age to 21 for possession of any firearm did not exempt LEOs. The minimum age to become a police officer in Florida is 19. :wink:

Everybody has parents. Some are good, some are not.