TEXAS RAMPAGE: Authorities Release the Identity of the 17-Year-Old Gunman

No father wants to admit his son is broken. It implies he is weak and it’s almost impossible for a father to accept a weak son.

Boys tend to mature later than girls. That may be part of the problem.

I have some opinions on the current state of manners of young ladies today that would be very unpopular.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/Raising-Modern-Day-Knight-Fathers-Authentic/dp/1589973097&ved=2ahUKEwiO1dDSmZXbAhXhyFQKHRc1B0cQ5OUBMAh6BAgBEAE&usg=AOvVaw39aMD4RwLMRkRYFG6ZWprT

This book helped me.

1 Like

It’s not so much that it is easier than that it is more convenient. Bike locks on doors and five gallons of gasoline on the floor and furnishings is much easier, but it’s not very convenient.

I have opinions on the current state of manners and behaviors of young men, nowadays, too.

So do I. And I don’t care if they are popular or not.

But, but, but! What about their civil rights!?

That’s always been true, but young men weren’t shooting up schools every other month when I was a kid.

Now you’re getting it. And we had much more access to guns then too.

There have always been incidents. Somebody posted a wiki link by decade last night. Looking at the incidents, it appears to me they have become more random. Used to be it was one kid shooting one kid or teacher. Personal. Seems the motivations have changed.

This is the part of your post I was responding to.

it’s comical to me how we only seem to be concentrating on the (less often) mass shootings that happen around every 1.5 months (and the reasons behind them) and completely ignore the ~ 26 firearm homicides every friggin day. hell, a bunch of those are men simply gunning down their wives/girlfriends/exes because of relationship problems.

that problem is ginormous compared to the mass shootings.

yeah, i know that’s even more sad.

Hence the fear. People understand and can readily deal with person on person violence; we have a hard time possessing random violence. But if anything demonstrates that this is a social problem, not a gun problem, that is it.

1 Like

Interesting. You may be on to something.

INTENT matters from the aspect of the crime committed…you are the one who made it about the victims. There’s nothing I can do for them. But you seem to not worry about future victims.

Make those who don’t properly store their firearms liable for unauthorized use.

You honestly believe these parents intend for their children to be mass murderers?

How do you know they weren’t properly stored?

Bet most kids weren’t on prescribed anti depressants or other “mood enhancers” back when you were in school either. Or crap being put into the air, food, and water. Funny how that never seems to be looked at. Better and easier to blame the tool being used than look at the reason why it was being used eh? This latest shooting was done by a 17 yr old who was a “quiet” honor roll student who played on the HS football team. When I went to school, everybody I knew on the HS football team was popular. Not the kid everyone expects to shoot his classmates out of the blue, for no reason. Maybe, just maybe, there was something else that led up to this? I’m not particularly buying the whole “bullying” angle either. That sounds more like something made up by the media.

Because his 17 year old son took them out and murdered 10 people. At the very least he should be hit with a massive fine. Possibly jail time for negligent storage of a firearm. Insurance should be mandatory for gun owners to cover this type of thing.

If anti depressants and mood enhancers are the problem, I’m all for restricting access for those on this type of medication. It would either greatly reduce the number of people on these drugs or greatly reduce those legally allowed to have guns.