Texas freezes ,ted cruz flies to cancun

For all those mocking our power outage back in February…

5q1zw1

1 Like

Where is all the mocking the yankees?

2 Likes

IIRC the mocking was about the reliance on wind farms… not mocking Texans in general. Nobody would mock you, Tex.

Isn’t that your job?

Big difference though. Your article says nothing about this being a self-imposed failure because they didn’t do the necessary maintenance.

1 Like

Mocking Texans without power during a winter storm. Mocking for not connecting to the larger grid.

There we go. Big Difference

1 Like

And unlike Rafael “Cancun” Cruz, most (<<-- most) are staying in place instead of running to a tropical beach resort to sip fruity drinks with the little umbrellas sticking out.

WW

Yeah… I thought that this thread was to dunk on Ted Cruz… not Texans for being unfortunate enough to lose power during a storm.

2 Likes

If you insist. I thought Texans had thicker skin though. My mistake.

1 Like

Ya, most Texans (as is the case across the country) don’t have the resources to pack up and head out of town during a weather emergency, they have to sit tight.

WW

The contents of that post are stupid.

And then wasn’t there something like Abbot blaming the outage on the Green New Deal or something dumb like that?

Without going back through the thread… I remember the bulk of this dunking on Texas politicians more than mocking Texans.

Someone took it personally. :roll_eyes:

Right.

It’s the hypocrisy for me.

What hypocrisy? One was caused by not preparing for a big storm, the other was caused despite being prepared.

If you want to pick on yankees go ahead.

2 Likes

If Queens was without power and people were dying and AOC flew off to Cancun… she would deservedly get roasted for it.

Until that happens… doesn’t seem like anywhere near the same complaint.

1 Like

We don’t prepare for blizzards in South Texas.

Do you yankees prepare for hurricanes?

“Despite being prepared…” interesting.

Queens was in the middle of a 'Rona surge, people were dying, and AOC flew off to Miami.

wheres the beef

Oh and we were “prepared”… we had wind back up.