Texas freezes ,ted cruz flies to cancun

Superstore Sandy hits and instead of going to New Jersey Obama goes vacationing in Hawaii. I’m sure Republicans would of been fine with it.

3 Likes

Ted Cruz can kiss my ass.

5 Likes

Let the venerable NYT sprain it to you.

from A Terrorist Horror, Then Golf: Incongruity Fuels Obama Critics - The New York Times

But as soon as the cameras went off, Mr. Obama headed to his favorite golf course on Martha’s Vineyard, where he is on vacation, seemingly able to put the savagery out of his mind. He spent the rest of the afternoon on the links even as a firestorm of criticism erupted over what many saw as a callous indifference to the slaughter he had just condemned.

Presidents learn to wall off their feelings and compartmentalize their lives. They deal in death one moment and seek mental and physical relief the next. To make coldhearted decisions in the best interest of the country and manage the burdens of perhaps the most stressful job on the planet, current and former White House officials said, a president must guard against becoming consumed by the emotions of the situations they confront. And few presidents have been known more for cool, emotional detachment than Mr. Obama.

And if you are on vacation and a natural disaster impacts your state or country… you bring your ass back.

It’s the easiest test to pass.

That’s right. I want him primaried with a 17 candidate field. I will write in my dog. The craziest libertarian. Whatever.

And if some prog wins, I’ll live with that too. Cruz deserves it and so do we if this is the best the GOP can do.

6 Likes

Winning elections is about turning out the base and capturing independents. You think Cruz being in Cancun helps either of those two goals?

Maine, man made disaster.

That article says he went on vacation 3 months after the Deepwater Horizon spill.

He wasn’t elected to sit on his ass in Cancun either.

2 Likes

And?

> with the Gulf of Mexico oil crisis in a critical phase.

Was also his third trip, meaning he did two more earlier.

Give it a min… he trying to find another piece of whataboutism. My standard holds true regardless of who is President, senator, house rep or governor.

Did Obama… within few days of the oil spill… take a vacation to Hawaii or Maine?

He didn’t have you in mind when he ran back.

…like a pretzel

To, not about.

lmao

Who is the staffer that told cruz this was ok?

Don’t put this on a staffer. Cruz knew how this would go down. And he didn’t care.

Happy wife, happy life.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is that Texas is better off without Ted Cruz?

True enough. I’m just surprised no one said ■■■■ to him.