Texas Does It Again

No…you just clung on to one word as your “out”. …“luck” . Was just an expression, could have use any other…Your position on only homeowners/ land owners being allowed to vote is indefensible…so your just flailing.

i guess you’re done discussing this then?

why should i engage in this discussion with you after this?

I didn’t say they didn’t deserve it… But… Them having more wealth than me doesn’t entitle them to more rights as a citizen than me…Or does it in your eyes?

Not by a long shot…lol

Sorry. I took ‘property’ t mean ‘land’. Would you care to clarify?

when you accuse me of “flailing” you’re done

trust me

LOL

How often does that happen?

1 Like

I don’t blame you for high tailin’ it away from your position on the matter…lol.

1 Like

and i dont blame you for trolling for reaction. we’re all used to it

No idea…Thats not the point. I’ll ask you since @thinkingman won’t answer…Does them having more wealth than me entitle them to more rights as a citizen than me?

I call it waiting for an answer…

No, it doesn’t

Now, back to your fantasy, it doesn’t happen hardly ever in this country. Statistical zero. A narrative perpetuated by TV Man.

Don’t try to make the fantasy the rule.

1 Like

I’ll expound on my answer a bit; absolutely not. Nor does you being in poverty, a person of color or your sexual preference give you more rights than a wealthy person.

The problem comes when you start thinking you’re “entitled” to their “wealth”. Which is much more common than the “wealthy” claiming more rights.

I’ve met a few very wealthy people in my life. A couple of them very, very wealthy. Funny but so far, the caricature has been just that. To a person, they have been exceptional.

Compassion can only come from a position of strength.

Oh I don’t doubt they will defend when attacked, and it probably won’t be proportional. They seem to understand power.

Creating wealth is not a crime nor a sin. You are not entitled to the fruits of another man’s labor.

3 Likes

Not often…But seems to be the case with a few past Potus’…Kennedy, Bush jr, Trump, Roosevelt…They were all silver spooners who inherited their wealth and power.

I never said it did…

Nor do I think I’m entitled to their wealth

You named 4. You feel the first 4 were poor?

Are we talking about Presidents or people?

If you want to know why it takes wealth to get elected President in this country, look at the media and in the mirror.

With the exception of Kennedy, none of them are very, very wealthy, and even they were only one generation away from crimes. Roosevelts I’ll give you.

Bill Gates President? Bezos? Any of the Waltons? The DeVos family?

Creating wealth is not a crime nor a sin. Neither is keeping it or passing it on to whomever they choose.

Stop coveting.

2 Likes

Then why the whining?

???..Whining? You’re confused, I’m simply asking Thinkingman why he thinks homeowners/landowners
should have more rights than non owners.

Wealth and power are two different things, albeit closely related.

Why didn’t you mention Obama? Clinton? Truman?

Would you rather have a President who was wealthy and ran, or one who won then became wealthy? Like Choom?

1 Like