Tear down the monuments and memorials

It was voted on before he died. In fact he had to twist some dem arms to get it passed.

Then it went out to the states.

Who does?
Slavery in this country ended 155 years ago. That isn’t recent.

You have no point. Lincoln’s history has been white washed. He wasn’t a savior of black people on purpose. He would have rather not fought at all.

I don’t think he needs to be removed from history books… but those books need to be accurate.

You’re obviously as ignorant as ignorant gets with my family history. Go blow snot at a meany head statue or something. :rofl:

It passed congress before he died January 1865.
It wasn’t ratified by the states until 8 months after he died.
When Lincoln died, the slaves were not free and they weren’t freed until 8 months later.

And my ancestors didn’t free your ancestors on purpose, but you’re welcome anyway. :wink:

2 Likes

Without his efforts it may not have been passed to even go out to the states for who knows how long.

He certainly deserves some credit.

Once it passed congress, it was a done deal.
The states votes were very perfunctory.
Everyone knew it was a done deal.
Just a matter of time.

Allan

Ah shucks… thanks

Are you calling American troops who helped topple the statues of Saddam “weak and pathetic”?

Our pleasure. :wink:

…speaking of weak and pathetic. Good morning. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

“bygone” era, lib. Try to keep up with that faux white rage. :wink:

If it was a done deal, it wouldn’t have taken 8 months to do it.
President Andrew Johnson had more to do with freeing the slaves than Lincoln did. He demanded that the defeated Southern states ratify the 13th amendment in order to be returned to the Union.

Geez… Even those are getting vandalized. :roll_eyes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/house-divided/wp/2017/02/21/bostons-robert-gould-shaw-memorial-vandalized/

Personal attack noted. Feel free to join in the actual discussion instead of just attacking posters.

So it is ok to topple statues of more recent events but statues related to older events are sacrosanct? Ok.

Completely agree. Who gives a flying ■■■■ about some dumb statue, but I guess it makes people feel good, which is the essence of modern liberalism. The only ones who win in the end are the liberal politicians who get entrenched in these positions of power and then become multimillionaires along with their families and close friends.

Thought??

Who needs thinking when there is an angry person (that has no known position of leadership, and is unknown to most gathered) with a bullhorn telling people what poses to do and for how long?? All thinking is done for them.

Stupid right??

“bygone” era, lib. Try to keep up with that faux white rage. :wink: