Lots of threads talking about the political aspect of the coronavirus, but I haven’t seen any advice on what the symptoms are, how not to get it, etc.
I haven’t read every post in every thread, so it might be there, but I thought I’d share the following.
(Forwarded from an aunt who knows someone who knows someone…so take it for what it’s worth)
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS
Last evening dining out with friends, one of their uncles, who’s graduated with a master’s degree and who worked in Shenzhen Hospital (Guangdong Province, China) sent him the following notes on Coronavirus for guidance:
- If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
- Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
- This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees (NOT SURE IF THIS IS F or C). It hates the Sun.
- If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
- If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
- On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
- Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
- Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
- You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
- Can’t emphasise enough - drink plenty of water!
- It will first infect the throat, so you’ll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
- The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
- With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
- The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you’re drowning. It’s imperative you then seek immediate attention.
SPREAD THE WORD - PLEASE SHARE.