Surprise! Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike

They are both our boys.

I’m being informed that I am too rude to the sad soul who seems incapable of understanding how the world works. We try folks.

So says the 21% of idiot leftists who don’t even like football.

Good luck. I’ve been saying that since the thread started. Crickets.

Now the real question: Are business free to prohibit customers from wearing Nikes?

Or is that illegal discrimination?

Story came out this weekend after the manager of a Nike store called the cops because a guy was parked across the street waving a thin blue line Police Flag. Guy wasn’t saying or yelling anything, he wasn’t destroying property, he wasn’t attacking anyone . . . basically he was behaving exactly the opposite of how anti police activists act. The police arrived and left and the guy got to continue exercising his right to protest against Nike.

Last pair of Nike sneakers I wore a few other ladies where I work bought some too. They had a pink Nike symbol & turquoise blue laces. They lasted so long not only the support was gone (sign of that is back pain), but I had to wrap an old ankle injury. They got a garbage can burial following that.

As for Kaepernick, his original cause was one thing. It got repulsive when he donned pig socks & showed support for Fidel Castro & a land where there is no room for peaceful protests.

Nike can advertise with whomever it wants. The rest of us will decide whether or not to buy their products.

May the officers who gave their lives in the examples posted Rest in Peace.

My hat is off not only to them, but to those who serve in more ordinary ways, from sharing meals they bought with those who are hungry to making bottles for babies whose addicted parents have passed out.

These men & women don’t deserve to be labeled “pigs”.

And in doing so further illustrates that their demographic doesn’t have the power they think they do. Nike has already made billions from their decision. The stock is up 3 points and the earnings report due out next week is expected to show increased sales tied to the new marketing campaign

Its actually a very good commercial.

Which is smart on Nike’s end, but pathetic on the consumer end.

Which anyone should expect in the short term. Supporters rushed out to buy stuff online causing a sales blip. They won’t continue this level of support for long though because how many new pairs of shoes and stuff are you really going to buy in the short term? Long term is where we’ll see how it affects. 2-4 years from now when people have to start replacing items will they continue to support Nike or will the power of the boycott take over? Use me for example. I have two pairs of running shoes that are both Nike and my eyeglass frames are Nike. None need replacement right now but when they do need replacement I would have absolutely bought Nike up until Kaepersuck, now I’ll buy something else but that choice will be a year or three down the road.

I think the support and increased sales will be a blip forgotten about in a year or two while those of us who will boycott will never forgive.

We don’t have to wait two years. People are buying Nike’s every day, just like they’ve always done. It is sad that you’ve invested so much emotional energy into this, but if you feel that you’re going stick it to Nike, have at it.

Nike stock is at $85 and there is no “power of the boycott.”

Sadly.

I am disappointed that Nike’s stock hasn’t tanked, but it seems Millennials have no problem with a guy who wrote “cops are pigs” on his shoes.

Though the cameraman who focused on the shoes and the network that thought it was fine to air that are culpable as well.

1 Like

Fat old ■■■■■ sitting around in their underwear watching Fox News, while slurping Busch beer and popping generic ED pills, are not going to be happy with the Fox reporting on Nike.

2 Likes

That’s awesome… :slight_smile:

Yet another record close with the stock at 85.37. That’s over $5 billion dollars in increased value since the announcement

And the news keeps getting better for Nike.

1 Like

Why?

10 chars

Ooops. Sports apparel store forced to close down after owner underestimates how many Kaepernick supporters there really are.

As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized.

Too bad the guy bought into the ■■■■■■■■ being peddled by the rightwing garbage media and FAT Donald.

4 Likes