Surprise! Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike

Love this!

Why?

5whys

I do not.

I don’t care about the kneeling. It was when he wrote “Cops are pigs” on his shoes that he should have banned from the NFL for life, and it’s a pity that Nike rewards him with a contract, and that he’s apparently a success.

The legend grows. He never wrote “Cops are pigs” on his shoes.

Me as well. I came here to post this but am glad I checked first.

1 Like

So after trying to blackball Kaepernick hoping he’d go away, the NFL is forced to settle because their stunt backfired. Kind of reminds me of the store owner who refused to sell Nike apparel and is now going out of business because his little stunt also failed.

2 Likes

I actually had doubts there was collusion, but that really shows what slime the NFL is. (And all big pro sports for that matter.)

1 Like

Since all terms are confidential we really don’t know who settled for what.

Its a joke though to believe that all the teams colluded to keep him out. Many kneelers got new contracts. Kenny Stills on my Dolphins started kneeling in support of Kaepernick right away and still kneels to this day. Still got a 4 yr / 32 million contract despite the kneeling. Difference is that Stills would be a top 2 receiver on most NFL teams, maybe even a #1 on a team with a decent QB. Whereas Kap was on the downslide of his career going 1-11 in his last 12 starts and showing inability to adjust to new defensive schemes.

He was still good enough to be a backup but so was Tim Tebow and just like Kaepernick, Tebow was a huge media circus everywhere he went and no team would put up with that for a backup.

Still though I should thank Nike. I had to buy a new pair of work shoes a month ago and because I’ll never buy Nike again (my old shoes were Nike) I got a pair of Under Armour boots. Best shoes I’ve ever bought in my life in terms of comfort, support, and warmth in the snow.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-ua-valsetz-rts-1-5-wide-4e-tactical-boots/pid3021035?scid=scplp3021035-001-14&sc_intid=3021035-001-14&cid=PLA|US|B|GGL|SiC|ROAS|&gclid=CjwKCAiA45njBRBwEiwASnZT53Z_xu1VLExz3jT8CyI9IL_XGJO5cTiYUYUzTd3-USEICzXSXAZ7yhoC2fgQAvD_BwE

1. Did someone break the gag order and give you the inside scoop on the evidence?

2. It could be just as likely that neither side wanted to risk losing the case.

3. Does this make Kap a sellout? If, as you seem to believe, the NFL was clearly guilty, why wouldnt Kap take it the distance and expose the collusion to its fullest extent?

So you’ll never buy Nikes again because they support an American citizen who practiced his constitutional right of peaceful protest? An American citizen who was protesting police misconduct against minorities that they were sworn to serve and protect? Says a lot about what side of history you’ve chosen to be on. And by the way, I doubt if Nike is going to go out of business because you brought a pair of Under Armor boots.

This post with your user name is funny.

I think that poster is a police officer.

Not surprised.

Says more about anyone who believes the myth of police violence against minorities. The myth spreaders would have you believe that cops are shooting and killing unarmed black men on a daily basis.

Yet the Washington Post tracks all police shootings nationwide. In 2017 there were a grand total of 20 fatal shootings of unarmed black men. In two of them the officers were charged. In the vast majority of the others the officers were undeniably justified once you actually look at the facts. One officer was being strangled to death, several others were in a life or death battle for their own gun, one was a guy with a bomb strapped to his chest threatening to blow up his hostages but later analysis showed the bomb incapable of detonating so he became “unarmed”, in another the guy was strangling a woman he was on top of, in another the guy was on top of the cop repeatedly slamming the cops head against the concrete underneath him, etc etc.

In 2018 there were only 15 unarmed black men shot and killed. Haven’t seen a case by case breakdown of them yet but I’d bet substantial amounts of money they will break down just like 2017 with most being clearly justified.

Nike just took a beating in the stock market after reporting slower than expected sales in North America. For the last year they are still up but are we starting to see the effects of the boycott? I predicted from the beginning (see prior posts) that Nike would get a short term sales surge followed by a long term slump. The impact of those who support the Kaepernick thing was seen in a short term sales surge while the effects of those like me who will never buy Nike again can’t be felt in the short term but rather will be felt in the long term after the short term sales surge has faded.

The Zion blowout also certainly hurt stocks right after it happened but sales wise it will be a while before its known if matters.

Nike today is at $83.23. One year ago they were at $83.30. You buying a pair of those ugly ass Under Armor boots really killed them…

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=UnOaXJ3qD-S6ggf9n5HQDw&q=nike+on+the+stock+market+today&oq=Nike+and+the+stock+market&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i22i30l10.183.3840..6265...0.0..1.233.2241.24j1j1....2..0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0j0i3j0i10.U-fAe8F7u7M

As I clearly said, try reading, they are still up but they dipped recently, as I also said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/21/nike-reports-third-quarter-fiscal-2019-earnings.html

Nike shares tumbled Thursday following the sneaker maker reporting weaker-than-expected sales in North America during its fiscal third quarter, hurt, in part, by fewer people buying Converse-branded merchandise.

From you link it would seem Nike’s sales decline was primarily based on weak Converse sales, which I didnt know til now belonged to Nike. Doesn’t seem as if Nike proper merchandise is suffering.

“Its earnings topped analysts’ expectations, and total revenue was in-line with estimates”

From your own article, and you tell ME to try reading?? Lol. Why dont you just admit that you want a company to fail because they supported an American citizen for exercising his constitutional right of peaceful protest. He was bringing attention to the mistreatment by police against minorities and that made you angry at them. You’re not fooling anyone here…

1 Like