Surprise! Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike

It really shouldn’t be this easy for a shoe company to play people.

Yay, Nike is on our side. We should buy their shoes now.

Oh dear God. This is me, Margaret. Please don’t tell me that the shoe company is profiting from this?

Nike’s stock is at or near the highest point that it has been all month. One report says that sales are up 31 percent.

I agree with you. Both of these reports are cause for celebration and laughter at Nike’s utter failure.

Yes, but some libs are optimistic enough to try to talk with these lying people anyway.

1 Like

I love how you can sound negative about a stock price that is near an all-time high.

Nike won in the free market doing something that you hate, a result that shows that the people decrying Kaepernick matter less in the free market than other buyers who are excited and motivated about the political stance that he took, possibly because they agree wholeheartedly with him. That’s what really bothers you.

I should be angry about the price of Amazon that I bought three years ago. It’s near 2,000 bucks a share, but I irrationally thought it would be 7,000. I’m more furious than you are. Amazon is a total failure.

I lost $5,000 a share! I’m going to need to rob a bank to get that extra money.

The idiots on twitter and facebook who I’ve seen destroying or throwing away Nikes will be buying more of them again in a week, which will boost sales even further. I appreciate idiots like that. They spur the market.

That is a serious issue.

There was a poster on the other board who made the best statement about race in America I have ever heard a few years ago. There are very few individual posts I can quote but this one has really stuck with me. I believe it was Lee.

“The problem with race in America is that black people dwell too much on the past and white people act like it never even happened.”

There’s no middle ground when it comes to race. I try to be as objective as possible on race issues but I admit that sometimes I get overly offended by certain things and immediately shut out what the other person is trying to say.

1 Like

And you no longer exist in theirs. Nike understands the future of America looks more like Kaepernick than it does you.

It does? So wearing a Fidel Castro shirt and pig socks is more like the future of America? Or is it just those that tend to buy Nike? Either way it’s embarrassing at best.

Fidel is the future of America. No doubt.

He gets it.

It is, especially with a lot of the American left. They see this scumbag as a hero.

Yeah, Fidel is our boy.

I was just talking to Fidel in the yard—not the real Fidel. Imaginary Fidel. Fidel’s dead. I’m not crackers.

Or I should say that Fidel was in the middle of one of his six-hour speeches, and I was catching the middle of it.

He seemed inspirational. I felt inspired anyway. Unfortunately, I don’t speak Spanish.

But whatever he said, I’m on his side.

I have a saying too. ■■■■ happens to everybody. Just because you are black and it happens to you, it doesn’t automatically mean it’s racism.

That’s racist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fidel? I thought it was Che. :wink:

Some things that are not racist get labeled as such. And on the other side some racist behavior gets passed on.

I find some liberals and some conservatives to be racist for differing reasons.

Liberal racism is often based on low expectations of minorities. That they need some special help because otherwise they cannot help themselves. It’s a form of the “white savior” mentality that permeated European and American socio-political thought in the early 20th century. It’s disgusting.

Conservative racism is often based around derision of minority and especially black political causes because of the idea that the past doesn’t affect the present. Which is preposterous on its face.

In both cases I think it is based more on ignorance rather nefarious thoughts.

I generally agree. But there is another aspect of racism that cannot be ignored … agenda. Some people have a vested interest in perpetuating the concept of racism for political purposes and take every opportunity to play the race card to keep it alive. BLM is a good example of that. So is the tirades from the likes of Maxine Waters.