Supreme Court upholds Trump travel ban

Yup. that makes me all the more eager to accommodate your requests.

Precisely.

I’m out of likes again for the day (what is that all about anyways?) but if I could, I would like this post 100 times!!!

1 Like

Like I said, you’re pointing fingers and blaming everyone that it’s going slowly. You haven’t denied that yet.

From earlier:

You said it was:

Finger pointing and blaming. Everyone’s fault except Trump.

Well, everyone but the libs. But … oh well…

I give exactly 0 rat’s asses about your eagerness. You were never going to do it in the first place, so pretending like it had anything to do with me calling you out for your normal MO is pretty silly of you.

This was always how this would end-you stomping around and acting haughty. JUST LIKE TRUMP DOES! Weird. You’re literally morphing into the man.

1 Like

The fact that you have to keep coming back to this tells me otherwise.

I make you mad. You can’t stand that I won’t play along with your games.

Now tell me again that you don’t care.

1 Like

I get the sense this is more of an attack on leadership and McConnell and Cornyn, for refusing to bring the amendment to the floor for a vote. They are so worried about getting mean Trump tweets aimed at them, that they are abdicating their duties as a co-equal branch of government. I’m not sure what other approach there is to be made though? Flake cannot stop the committee from holding hearings or holding votes. He can only threaten to vote no, which prevents the nominee from coming out of committee, assuming the 10 Democrats on the committee also vote no. Which of course then forces Grassley’s hand as the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee to not hold the vote at all.

The Senate needs to step up and engage in their role as a co-equal branch of government, and reign in the Executive on this one, before the economy spirals out of control. Because should that happen, then it is a forgone conclusion that Democrats will be back in charge, likely of all branches as well.

Perhaps you are right about Flake. Tariffs and trade wars are not conservative, and they are damaging to the economy. Trump has shown he’s willing to cave on an issue, time for Rs to put pressure on and do something about it.

Exactly! And it is shameful that it has to come to blocking good judges, in order to force Senate Republicans into doing their job. I’m not a huge Flake fan, but I support that something be done. And if this is the only way to get there, even though it stinks, then maybe, just maybe it will force McConnell and the Senate to stand up and do the work they were elected to do.

In my opinion, the tariffs are the wrong way to go.

Trump has surprised us with the effectiveness of other questionable actions, so I’m in no position to say that Trump’s tariffs won’t be effective in the long run.

If the leverage of tariffs get the target countries to drop their existing tariffs (and that HAS happened already with some countries of minor economic impact to us) then the gamble pays off.

If the tariffs just result in a spiraling escalation of more tariffs (which has already been the first step from larger countries) then it ends up being a harmful gamble.

I don’t like that he’s gambling with my personal economy though.

Tax payers got lower taxes. Businesses and farmers get great right offs and/or subsidies.

And the increased cost of goods will not only wipe out any savings that they received from the tax cuts, but it will far exceed them as well. And the businesses and farmers that lose their jobs and farms, and cause hundreds of thousands to lose their jobs, will really appreciate all of those great write-off’s and subsidies they can no longer claim or receive. Trade wars will always, ALWAYS, result in a net loss for consumers and Businesses. And now, with retaliatory measures being targeted at fly-over nation, farmer’s will feel the pain as much as any other group.

I’m still waiting on you to explain how all of that going slowly is the anti-Trumper’s faults.

Agreed, and I’m quite sure it’s safe to say most Rs disagree with him. They just need the backbone to do something about it.

You are exactly right and what I stated at the time knowing the SCOTUS would reach this decision.

1 Like

Consider holding your breath and see if that helps.

Clearly stomping your feet hasn’t worked.

2 Likes

It annoys them that more and more of us are seeing through their games.

We also disagreed with his “bigger-button” tweeting to North Korea, but in the end it didn’t drag us into nuclear war like I was afraid it would. I, for one, never expected it would play out like it has so far.

Replacing Ginsburg would be fabulous. :+1:

1 Like

You must be in really good shape-the amount of floundering you do must be exhausting.

1 Like