Supreme Court upholds Trump travel ban

Supreme Court upholds Trump travel ban - CBS News

4 mins ago - The Supreme Court has upheld President Trump’s travel ban case on Tuesday by a 5-4 vote, saying in its opinion that the order is "squarely …

Long awaited court decision is in.

2 Likes

It was the right decision, in my opinion. The Executive Branch does hold this Constitutional power.

The question though, is why is this still necessary? Trump assured us this was temporary, while he instituted “extreme vetting” measures. Where are they?

4 Likes

Surely not required now is it? The ban was for 90 days to allow the administration to develop vetting processes. I assume as we are 500 (ish) days into this administration that the vetting process that would only take 90 days to develop have been developed and executed. Don’t tell me they are stupid enough to have held off developing these vetting procedures until the ban was in place that would be just plain stupid

1 Like

Knew that was going to happen. Anyone that knows the constitution, or history, knows Trump was right. Those activist judges need to go.

1 Like

Sorry you made my point for me.

1 Like

hah! and libs still say nonsense like “why is this still needed?”

they just can’t accept it. Trump represents the best of constitutional America.

From the article:

The current version is indefinite and now applies to travelers from five countries with overwhelmingly Muslim populations — Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen. It also affects two non-Muslim countries, blocking travelers from North Korea and some Venezuelan government officials and their families. A sixth majority-Muslim country, Chad, was removed from the list in April after improving “its identity-management and information sharing practices,” Mr. Trump said in a proclamation.

But the court ruled that it is what the president is allowed to do constitutionally.

Yeah but, we were told the ban would be temporary. Shouldn’t this administration have the whole “extreme vetting” thing figured out by now?

1 Like

SCOTUS has ruled and thats that.

executive has that power.

Allan

why not just try the “this is a narrow ruling” version of sour grapes.

You have no understanding of vetting and how long it takes and what “temporary” means. Stop pretending. Let the people whose job it is to do the vetting do their job.

I would say maybe.

Article I read a couple days ago said two countries have been removed from the list because they met the new requirments. If that’s the case I’m guessing the restrictions would be in effect for the remaining countries.

3 Likes

The administration literally said it would be a 90 day travel ban. I’m not arguing about the decision. I’m, like others, are pointing out that the ban shouldn’t even be necessary anymore. Based on the original intent of the administration.

So the administration lied? Add that to the list.

No worries. It’s a fair question to ask. Undoubtedly the Trump cult will deflect and dance around this question though.

And I agree with them here. But it still doesn’t address the question as to why they have not yet implemented their extreme vetting procedures.

It’s temporary just like all the refugee programs that have been runing for 20+ years were :smiley:

2 Likes

:joy:

That’s a fair point.

1 Like

it is not a unilateral activity. If the other countries cannot or will not cooperate, no one gets vetted.

Ah, that makes sense. A rare moment of agreement.

trump cult… the SCOTUS?

like the SCOTUS was too dumb to think of your brilliant questions.