Superheroes—With Pronouns!

Yeah… It should have been funny. Super talented cast.

It just wasn’t funny at all.

I have never heard Black Widow described as goofy.

It doesn’t really bother me.

I don’t like being beat over the head with it. But it’s not a big deal.

The gaming community lost its collective minds over Abby on the Last of Us Part II, and some of the more SJW parts of the game’s story. But I actually thought it was pretty well done. They never beat Ellie being a lesbian into your head and Abby ended up being a pretty compelling character.

I do think she was unreasonably jacked for a female character (when the leaks started a lot of gamers claimed she was trans, which is not the case if you play the game but even in the MMA women tend not to be as ridiculously buff as Abby is) but she was well written, if not as compelling of character as Ellie.

1 Like

I still need to play that… sadly I’ve been having inner ear issues and so haven’t been able to play any 3D games. Been playing old school 2D instead. I need to get back into them though because they’re piling up… I bought Death Stranding but haven’t unwrapped it and I need to clear way for Cyberpunk 2077 which I hear has also been divisive in regards to wokeness.

LOS ANGELES - A new bill headed to Governor Gavin Newsom’s desk would lower penalties for adults who have consensual sex with a minor if the offender is within 10 years of age with the victim.

SB 145 passed in both houses of the State Legislature late Monday evening.

You’ve been misled.

source: What's in California's SB 145? | abc10.com

They already have She-Hulk.

Outside the Belt

Mostly soulless cash grabs in the form of crappy reboots and politically correct crowd repellants these days.

2 Likes

Is this the direction entertainment really should go?

I’m not into video games or anime. Haven’t watched tv in ages.

I’m finding the direction of comics and entertainment lately amusing, though.

Hey SJWs there’s a way to be inclusive of different types of people without alienating a majority. This lady does it very well in her novels:

https://www.amazon.com/Grave-Soul-Lawless-Mystery-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B00V37BDZA/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=Hart%2CEllen&qid=1607728448&sr=8-13

This series is based on a woman whose a lesbian, primarily a chef but getting into private investigation. Ms. Hart includes gay & lesbian characters, but they interact well with a majority of characters who are straight. They’re not restricted to their own alternative universe.

You realize that you don’t speak for a “majority”, right?

I don’t know anyone who feels alienated by trans characters, or otherwise “inclusive” characters. In fact, I find it particularly odd that anyone who feel alienated by their inclusion.

Feeling alienated?

Um, no. I’m just finding it amusing.

The majority of human beings are not transgender, and only a minority of them are non-binary.

Ages old characters are being replaced by alternative versions to cater to a numerical minority of an audience.

That’s a bit odd, IMO.

I say ■■■■■ em!” I’m all for alienating these people. Either you like a show or you don’t. I don’t think we should placate anti-GLBT folks any more than we should placate racists or misogynists. I’m sure there were execs decades ago who were ringing their hands over including a strong black hero as the lead and these days thats completely normal. Two people of the same gender in bed together? Oh no!؟ Remember when they had married couples on TV sleep in separate beds.

Look, just like with blacks, and then gays, and now transgender, these things are become more and more accepted so you (c) might as well get use to it because its not going to reverse.

Wait, did you say a chef who gets into private investigation? Never mind, that degenerate ■■■■ is ■■■■■■ up؟

1 Like

So what?

I am a heterosexual cis-gender white male. Does that mean I cannot identify with and enjoy a character who is different from me?

No one has been “replaced”. That’s not how comic books work.

It does all seem to be going down the toilet lately, and all the cgi in the world isn’t going to save it. The people who make these shows are completely disconnected from their audience, and the audience itself is evolving rapidly.

All anyone has to do is just think of a topic and there are videos about it for free online.

If anything, the internet can better support a fragmented audiences. Maybe we’ll have alternative conservative “netflix”. If there’s an audience that will pay it’ll get made.

My favorite videos are ones where people craft things from scratch. There’s so many out there available to watch for free that I’ll never be able to watch them all in one lifetime. If someone has an interest, there’s a video for it.

1 Like

Without the Sonny Bono copyright extension act of 1998, the copyright of the character, “the Flash” would have expired in 2015. Then you could write your own stories to complete with such craziness.

Alas, such is the way of private ownership though.

1 Like

That’s great if you are into reality TV style programming, If you are looking for high quality narrative programming though the free stuff still doesn’t quite match what can be done with a big budget. There’s a reason why people who have gotten rid of cable still seek out these shows.

More like TV without the programming. Most of what I watch doesn’t even have anyone talking, it’s just the sounds and sights of them crafting. Very immersive stuff, without all the cultural claptrap.

I get what you’re saying about pretty colors, they’re fun to look at and still largely monopolized. There’s a lot of really good home animators out there making some really impressive things. Given time and technology they’ll be making eye candy as good as anyone.