Super Bowl LVIII

A true win win, you good!

Oh. Is that the excuse for the “black national anthem “?

Seeing life through a purely political lens how exhausting.

Let’s not derail this thread we got plenty others on all things “woke”

Zippy you got the Niners to root for, enjoy the game!

1 Like

It’s not an “excuse” for anything, it’s a fact. Some NFL players support playing the Black National Anthem, others don’t. See how that works?

Somehow the 49ers are slightly favored to win, but I don’t see that happening.

1 Like

I can’t count them out at this point as much as I find Niners fans to be insufferable.

I was getting ready for the tears twice and they yanked it back.

I’m not counting them out either. Football is fun because it’s unpredictable, but my money is on KC. They have the experience and the quarterback, and the 49ers defense got shredded by the Packers and Lions. KC 27, San Francisco 17

1 Like

Obviously I’m into discussing politics…or I wouldn’t be here. But I’ll never get those that see everything as political. Won’t shop here, wont listen to this artist etc, etc…hell of a way to go through ones day.

That being said…C’mon CHIEFS!!! Told my buddies, if KC wins IN Baltimore, we’re going to win the bowl.

1 Like

Yea…I’m thinking Purdy won’t handle the pressure of the Superbowl.

1 Like

Same… literally. Four weeks ago the odds were 10-1 that KC would win the Super Bowl. I had to take that.

2 Likes

Yeah, nice bet. Good luck.

1 Like

I think we saw more 4th down-plays during the playoffs than we did for the entire season. Personally, I would like to see more of that risk taking in the NFL.

1 Like

I disagree. The playoffs are exactly the time to take risks and make big moves. Both SF and KC are in the super bowl because of their willingness to take the risk against the odds.

Yep. They should be proud in spite of blowing that lead. It’s Baltimore who should be (and probably are) sucking on lemons.

2 Likes

That’s why my sentiment is with SF … they got rid of Kaepernick. :wink:

I just looked it up … it’s estimated that 35-40% of NFL players are evangelical Christians as compared to 25% of the population at-large.

Faith and the NFL.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what they have been saying about him all season.

There’s risk, and there’s stupid. It’s stupid when it isn’t necessary. Sometimes the benefit of a TD over a FG isn’t that much. Or isn’t worth the risk. This was one of those cases.

1 Like

They lost the momentum after that first fourth down call. Crowd got back into the game. That was bad.

1 Like

Purdy is an average quarterback on a really good team. It would be kind of cool to see Mr. Irrelevant win the Super Bowl, though.