Strong Government/less freedom

Yeah just some nobody whack a doodles, like this guy.

So no, I don’t think the poorest 80 countries will be eating synthetic meat. I do think all rich countries should move to 100% synthetic beef. You can get used to the taste difference, and the claim is they’re going to make it taste even better over time. Eventually, that green premium is modest enough that you can sort of change the [behavior of] people or use regulation to totally shift the demand.

Notice neither he nor the people who wrote the article saw fit to mention his investment in synthetic meats.

3 Likes

Fun how loony-tunes turn into goverment mandate.

And it’s not a conspiracy…there are actual people out there that wants to ban beef not just for health reasons but also environmental reasons.

3 Likes

Keep in mind, I am all for plant based “beef” and “chicken”, love a good beyond or impossible burger. But the way to get everyone to choose that instead of beef, make it taste as good or better and cheaper than beef as opposed to “use regulation to shift demand”.

There are “actual people” out there who want to ban 5G because they think it’s all a mind control plot.

That doesn’t mean a “government mandate” is coming.

2 Likes

How many of them are one of the richest men in the world?

1 Like

Why does that matter?

Bill Gates doesn’t have the power to “mandate” anything. He has opinions, just like anyone else.

There are members of Congress who support a conspiracy theory based around the idea that Hillary Clinton eats babies.

Right, just an ordinary guy, no outsized influence on government policy, please.

2 Likes

If it helps you foster your feelings of victimhood to believe a “beef ban” is coming, I can’t stop you.

But I will keep laughing at you.

Regulation to shift demand is not a ban. It just makes it more expensive, so me and Bill can still eat steak but the peons can’t. Now tell us all how you are opposed to making them pay for their carbon footprint and adding that cost into beef prices.

2 Likes

It’s still not going to happen. But by all means, don’t let me keep you from feeling like a victim of the libs.

Uganda’s government is quite small.

1 Like

There are tens of millions Americans out there pushing beef ban. They are authoritarians that are attempting to impose themselves on society…some are using it’s for our own good.

And if this pandemic taught us anything…libs will do anything to impose their will onto society.

1 Like

There you go…getting all personal with Z when he was civil to you.

There are? Who are these “tens of millions” pushing a beef ban?

This appears to be a boogeyman, rather than something that exists in reality.

So no libs pushing for beef ban…is that what you want me to believe?

Or other bans in name of health or environment.

Facts remain. American people believe more goverment equals to less freedom. But yet American people continue giving goverment more power over em.

2 Likes

No, because that’s silly - as is the idea that the only two options are that no libs want to ban beef and tens of millions of libs are plotting to ban your beef.

When you frame your argument as such a ridiculous dichotomy, it’s hard not to laugh at loud.

1 Like

And libs consistently deny everything they’re doing. whether its beef…FBI? Heath care etc?

Why? this lying to faces of America is getting old…America people know who and what they are. They also know that libs need government to force themselves on American people…Oh I know you’re going to deny that too.

But American people see right through those lies.

1 Like

You see the boogeyman you want to see.

Not much else to say.

What’s the difference? Anybody?