States see record high cases

But they are social distancing…oh wait. :rofl:

Yup, that’s her. Wearing the mask and everything. Spacing could be a little better but we are doing really well right now.

1 Like

From the article…

She noted that participants “couldn’t always observe 6 feet” of separation given the spacing of the march. But she said "we wore masks the whole time, we had ample use of hand sanitizer, we never shook hands, we didn’t high-five or hug the way that we usually would greet one another.

“I felt it was an important moment to show my support and show a unified leadership out of the executive office of the governor and so the lieutenant governor and I joined," Whitmer said.

2 Likes

Was just wearing a mask an option she gave worshippers or gym members?

3 Likes

Which one? The one she gave everyone else or the one she gave herself?

1 Like

Remember when she said of course you can go to church or open your business as long as you wear a mask?, me either.

6 Likes

Even the Michigan Supreme Court rules against her…plan!

2 Likes

The get my boat in the water ASAP jokster her own self.

She is so woke I had to put on my sunglasses to tolerate the brilliance before me.

:dark_sunglasses:

Do as i say not as i do. Got it.

2 Likes

They better not after allowing people to go out by the 100,000’s avoid social distancing spreading the virus rioting. Of course coronavirus cases have risen a two year old would have saw this coming the left has been gathering in mass spreading the disease while the rest of us now will have to be more dillegent.

I saw a tweet two tweets by AOC literally 5 days a part the first was saying, to stay inside and practice social distancing, 5 days later the tweet said stay in the streets it’s working. It worked alright record number of infections brought to you by wokeness.

1 Like

Those protests were June 2. The trend started May 19.

The protests will increase cases. But they won’t show up for about another week.

These current trends started a few weeks ago.

The overall national trend is still going down, and NY and NJ has significantly improved, which is a very positive sign. My view is to let’s see where we are by the end of this month.

The main reason the nation has improved are the significant gains in NJ and NY that you mention.

A lot of states that have been minority affected are now on steady climbs. But since their numbers are still low, the significant decreases in NJ and NY are offsetting the gains.

Anecdotal for sure, but at the NJ shore town we visit, all the restaurants are of course doing take out. But mask usage is really low and there are reports of parties and gatherings, as well as lots of beach congestion.

In the last two weeks, we learned one person who attended several house gatherings tested positive and infected 11 people in his home town in PA.

Two restaurants that we are familiar with have both already closed up again because or positive workers.

So, with our stay at home order lifted, and the shore communities loosening up, not sure how long our good trend last.

Some of these states should probably close again before the end of the month. The time to catch it is early on the upswing.

But I am sure they won’t

Arizona hospitals reaching maximum capacity

Banner Health — a nonprofit that operates hospitals in Arizona — released a statement on Twitter about the decision to engage with the emergency plans.

“We have seen a steady climb of COVID-19 cases in Arizona over the last two weeks. This trend is concerning to us, and also correlates with a rise in cases that we are seeing in our hospital ICUs.

“Our ICUs are very busy caring for the sickest of the sick who are battling COVID-19. Since May 15, ventilated COVID-19 patients have quadrupled. Banner Health also recently reached capacity for patients receiving extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) treatment.

“These trends are a good reminder for everyone in the community to exercise behaviors that are proven to prevent the spread of COVID-19.”

1 Like

Wear your masks!

June 8, 2020 - Incubation period closes: no clients contract COVID-19 from salon exposure

The Springfield-Greene County Health Department is encouraged to report that the incubation period has passed from those potentially exposed from Great Clips. No clients of either stylist nor additional coworkers contracted COVID-19 as a result.

“This is exciting news about the value of masking to prevent COVID-19,” said Director of Health Clay Goddard. “We are studying more closely the details of these exposures, including what types of face coverings were worn and what other precautions were taken to lead to this encouraging result. We never want an exposure like this to happen, but this situation will greatly expand our understanding of how this novel coronavirus spreads.”

In addition to masking, Great Clips had policies in place that also likely prevented the spread of disease—such as distancing of salon chairs, staggering appointments and other measures that will also be studied, Goddard noted.

Two stylists had tested positive after working at the Great Clips at 1864 S. Glenstone Ave, potentially exposing 140 clients and six other coworkers. No additional clients or coworkers tested positive.

Testing was offered to all those potentially exposed, and 46 people pursued testing—all came back negative. Regardless of testing, all potentially exposed were quarantined for the duration of their exposure period.

https://www.springfieldmo.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=6939

Just in time for Trump protest rallies that libs want to stop.

Yeah but they can’t.
Trump will have the biggest, most beautiful rallies that will feature kissing booths and mosh pits to own the libs.
Also, no masks allowed. Only weak limp-wristed libs need masks.

1 Like

They are probably testing more.

Why are they going to the hospital in Arizona?