States rights are important?

They did.

1 Like

Well you see, the head of the Executive branch can pick and choose which laws to enforce. Because that’s how that works.

Last I checked saying ■■■■ was not against the law. Has he sent the Army in anywhere to enforce any laws? No.

If he sent in the FBI would it be a violation? No.

I mince no words. But speaking of mincing words… “managing protests” LOL… there’s some ■■■■■■■ mincing.

1 Like

Back early on before the virus hit the US, Trump stopped flights coming in from China. Democrats lambasted him for it. The media labeled him a racist and a xenophobe and this was regurgibleeted constantly here in HannityLand.

Then Trump turned it over to the Governors of each state, stating that the federal government will assist in this endeavor upon their request. What did we get? We got Governor Cuomo yelling about ventilator shortages, with the press repeating this 24 hours a day to all of the sheople, while NY had a stockpile.

The mismanagement of this state helped spread this virus throughout the entire country.

Here we are today and the new mantra is, Trump mishandled the virus from the get/go.

If Trump sits by and does not step in to quell the violence, that will be the new mantra going forward, “Trump didn’t do enough to help stop the violence, looting and murders” in cities being over run. He’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. Personally, innocent people should not be negatively affected due to the inaction of the elected officials they counted on, whose inaction is strictly to remove Trump from the WH.

2 Likes

interstate commerce issue? Where have you been since FDR, that clause means whatever the federal government wants it to. If somebody came from out of state to join the protest, they are involved in interstate commerce, if a store in the zone is shut down and would have sold an imported Italian Icy they are involved in interstate commerce. If a tourist who planned on visiting changed their plans due to the violence it involves interstate commerce. If the smell from the barbecue would entice a squirrel to cross the border and get shot by Jethro for dinner, it involves interstate commerce (never know, he may have bought barbecue and the pork was from NC).

Otherwise, the defendants can argue that in court, and I wish them luck (truly, use of the clause needs to be curtailed). The President needs no permission to enforce federal law. The feds don’t need to force anyone to enforce their own laws, they have federal laws they can enforce.

1 Like

140,000 died in 3 months due to another pressing issue and our President is pretending that it’s beaten despite having the worst case in the civilized world

No they didn’t. Fan you back up this continually disproved falsehood with some citations?

There is very little that is true in this post.

Seems your talking about Obama. Remember DACA and ordering the killing of an American citizen without a trial. Seems you reap what you sow.

2 Likes

And until 2017 supposed conservatives said that was against the principles of states rights

1 Like

Why provide citations when they have been provided before and the leftist will just pretend they have not seen them like you are doing now.

You all let this keep going on and sooner or later the citizens of these states are going to grow tired of the do nothing leftist and take care of things themselves. Just don’t start crying and wailing when this happens.

States don’t have rights, they have authorities.

And I’m still against it. Or did you miss me saying I wish them luck?

The change in attitude here since 2017 about government spending and the role of central government in law enforcement and lately education has sure been interesting.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:
That’s the opposite of what your posts say.

Yeah seems like you are advocating against states rights and for a strong federal government. I guess small government conservatives are no longer in vogue. MAGA!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Remember when conservatives were against a strong federal government? I know it’s been 3 years but it use to be an actual thing here

To put it mildly

I already said let it burn.

Are you confused?

I’m a liberal.

way to go taking posts out of context to make them mean exactly what they don’t! Congratulations! You win the duplicitous insincerity award for the day!

I am, and always have been against a broad reading of the commerce clause. That has exactly squat to do with the federal government enforcing federal law. The FBI enforcing federal law is what they are supposed to be doing (as opposed to spying on political opponents campaigns). Enforcing federal law is not forcing any state to enforce their own laws, they have nothing to do with each other. And since the commerce clause has already been invoked in these laws, and courts have found it does apply to people who came from another state to join the party, I do wish them luck defeating it.