States rights are important?

I think trump is threatening to bring Federal troops into cities to perform law enforcement regardless of what governors want…or he’s just a crazy old coot making dangerous idle threats.

What do my friends on the starboard side think of this threat from the central government?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1281554521748119553

I think he needs to read up on Posse Comitatus.

1 Like

History will not look kindly at this administration or its enablers.

4 Likes

What is he expecting the feds to do that cops don’t already do?

This is exactly the type of federal overreach that I as a conservative oppose. It’s one thing if a governor declares a state of emergency and asks for help from the federal government, It is quite another for the federal government to inject itself into daily operational functions without being invited.

This nation was founded, in part, to get away from a central government that was too strong. That is still a valid concern today.

2 Likes

Shoot protestors?

1 Like

Should Atlanta burn to the extent of Minneapolis while the President just watches from the WH? Should people be murdered at twice the rate as before this “defund the police” movement in lib cities while the President just watches from the WH? Is this what you’re suggesting? I hope the President isn’t on board with this cowardly insanity.

3 Likes

^
In the event that States are seeing protests that they are having difficulty ensuring those protests remain peaceful and to protect life, limb and property I don’t have a problem with States calling up the national guard or requesting assistance from centgov.

On the other hand the President taking independent action without the request of the State, no thank you.

.WW, PSHS

For a law and order President to ignore the law? Yes, he should not be taking federal action unless the State requests help.

If you have a problem with Atlanta, Minneapolis, etc. - the problem is with the State and if they can’t handle it - ask for assistance.

It would take no longer then an hour for the Governor to (a) call up the National Guard, and (b) transmit a request to the White House for centgov assistance.

Remember the unlawful intervention of President Trump now, will be the basis for future Presidents to unlawful interfere with internal State matters when a different President is in office.
.WW, PSHS

2 Likes

So the President should not use federal law enforcement to enforce federal civil rights laws?

I don’t know. How much crime has to happen in an area before the centgov moves in to police that area on its own accord? What’s the amount?

On federal property, sure.

To manage protests on non-federal property? Only when requested by the State Executive for assistance. You now, the way the law is written now.
.WW, PSHS

2 Likes

Oh ■■■■ ! :rofl:

1 Like

How many have to die? How many businesses must be burned? How much destruction and violence do “we” have to witness, before “we” step in and help?

Let it burn.

2 Likes

Remember how bent out of shape they got when they used the military at Waco? Well, they got over it.

1 Like

Atlanta isn’t burning and murders aren’t at 2x their historic records. Crime ebbs and flows, and there is a police force to deal with it. If things get out of hand, then the mayor has the option to escalate and request the governor bring in more aid as needed. There are plenty of well trained police departments in neighboring towns.

I remember an even more recent bending.

I guess it’s okay now, though.

1 Like

Haven’t you learned yet that only certain lives matter.

Who said anything about managing protests?

There is no law preventing federal law enforcement from enforcing federal laws anywhere in the country.

The CHOP insurrectionists were not protesting, they were preventing property owners from legitimate use of their property. There is a federal right to property, inherent in that right is the right to use it for profit and gain. Being occupied by an insurrectionist army prevents that. The President doesn’t need local permission to send the FBI in to arrest them. These morons were armed, defending a “border” they created, and declared themselves autonomous. If he sent the Army in to put down the insurrection, I agree, he needs the locals to ask. If he sends the FBI in to arrest the criminals… no, he doesn’t need permission for that.