States rights are important?

Both shootings and murders rose by at least 75% in June 2020, compared to the same month last year, according to police statistics.

After 3 shootings Thursday, 50 kids have been shot in St. Louis this year

This is the current state of affairs across the country, in liberal run cities. Why deny the truth?

1 Like

I wasn’t discussing all of those cities. I was discussing Atlanta. If other cities need help, they can always request it from their governor. It should be handled between the mayor and the governor before anyone even thinks about requesting help from the national government. If and only if such help is requested from the federal government should get involved, unless the crime is of a nature that breaks federal law.

Put down an insurrection maybe?

What do you do when the governor is abdicating his/her responsibility and using the destruction as a political tool?

2 Likes

None.

If the State can’t handle it follow the law. Request help.

Remember President Trump claims to be the LAW & ORDER President.

Do you support him violating the law?
.WW, PSHS

No different than Trump using protests, destruction, as a political tool.

So answer to your question, the State Legislature passes a request. If the Governor vetos it, the Legislature can over-ride the veto and the request goes through.
.WW, PSHS

3 Likes

Gee. It’s almost like this stuff DOESN’T happen in a vacuum or something? Who’d have thought?

1 Like

Not a problem. Follow the law.

The President needs no permissions from anyone to enforce the law.

No problem with that. If they are on Federal property and causing damage, prosecute them to the fullest extend of the law.

Now from federal law:

It’s a felony to use federal military forces as a posse committals to enforce law.

Such an act, being a felony would be an impeachable offese.

Oh, wait.

Dear President Trump, please use the military illegally in violation of United States Code. Pretty please.
.WW, PSHS

trump just said “law enforcement”. Are you ok with a president making these kind of threats?

I think he was talking about the FBI, not the military. In the case of the FBI, they would still need to have jurisdiction. I’m sure someone will come along any minute and point out the Federal law that was violated giving them jurisdiction.

Do you think it’s to that point right now?

His wording seems to indicate he won’t ask.

See, now your just making up stuff and attributing it to me?

The laws I posted are NOT limited to federal property. They are federal law enforceable by federal law enforcement anywhere in the nation. I said NOTHING about using military forces. I said, send the FBI in to arrest them. The President needs NO permission to enforce federal law.

1 Like

Enforcing the laws he’s sworn to enforce is a threat?

That’s some funny ■■■■ there.

Ahhh…

We know what he meant so now you mince words.

OK, call in federal law enforcement and have at it.

To call in the military he needs a request from the States or he commits a felony.

The governor could override a poor decision if people feel threatened by lawlessness.

I am still hoping they catch the miscreant that burned the Wendy’s down. That was a ■■■■ move.

:toilet:

The funny ■■■■ right right is the ideal of committing a felony to enforce the law by the LAW & ORDER President.

:rofl:
.WW, PSHS

LOL.

Should the WH just sit back and watch as states fight for PPE and test kits?

1 Like

I don’t think he read what he posted either, it clearly states the Feds can’t get involved unless there’s an Interstate commerce issue. While the courts in Seattle are still operating, there is no “state of lawlessness” either. If the local government chooses not to enforce the law, the Federal Government can’t force them to. Not until the entire government breaks down, which it clearly hasn’t. Not even close. Doesn’t keep some people from having pipe dreams about forcefully putting down imagined insurrection, which this isn’t either.