Space Force and their potential

Personally I think that is a point in favor of not doing it.

When you take the horrible out of war it is horribly easy to go to war.

1 Like

What we need is sharks with lasers on their heads.
Erā€¦I mean Sea Bass.

Ill tempered?

Letā€™s conquer space and only space. Weā€™ve done the world to death.

I spit on your perfect hair! Take that!

Obviously can go with guided bombs and bunker busters from orbitā€¦ It would raise the weight significantly and size. You could store what 50 missiles maybe 100? But the ship becomes much larger and easier to detect.

The main part is you can launch it by 747 or b52. Are capable of launching resupply variations for fuel and supplies. The idea being you make a standard design, and the internal components can be added and removed, so that if for example you make 5, 2 would be for combat, the other 3 are for resupplying and crew rotations. As more came online could leave 2 combined as an example, with the ability to change tasks. An example is send one of these ships up for a week to repair or upgrade a satellite. Another example would be put surveliance equipment in the ship and observe other countries.

You wouldnā€™t need a star destroyer, i meanā€¦ If you wanted toā€¦ But with our current level of technology, its possible to make a small ship 30 to 40 feet long, 10 to 12 feet cylinders, have a few hatches, put a few weapon systems on board.

Yes it costs money but look at why we do thingsā€¦ Why do we have aircraft carriers? To deploy fighters from a forward position that can remain mobileā€¦ Why not just have 10 times more air force bases, wouldnt need carriersā€¦ Same theoryā€¦ A few armed space ships would lessen the need for fleets of ships all over the worlds oceans. The first armed space ships would be more like an AC130 gunship. But with experience and knowledge would be able to better design and test what really works effectively in space. As we learn more would be able to build bigger ships. These ships in fact would be a good platform to assist and build bigger ships.

Space Marines, is now canon.

Here we go, from Wikipedia; weā€™ll shoot balls of lightning at them

Plasma railgun[edit]

A plasma railgun is a linear accelerator and a plasma energy weapon which, like a projectile railgun, uses two long parallel electrodes to accelerate a ā€œsliding shortā€ armature. However, in a plasma railgun, the armature and ejected projectile consists of plasma, or hot, ionized, gas-like particles, instead of a solid slug of material. MARAUDER ( Magnetically Accelerated Ring to Achieve Ultra-high Directed Energy and Radiation ) is, or was, a United States Air Force Research Laboratory project concerning the development of a coaxial plasma railgun. It is one of several United States Government efforts to develop plasma-based projectiles. The first computer simulations occurred in 1990, and its first published experiment appeared on August 1, 1993.[59][60] As of 1993 the project appeared to be in the early experimental stages. The weapon was able to produce doughnut-shaped rings of plasma and balls of lightning that exploded with devastating effects when hitting their target.[61] The projectā€™s initial success led to it becoming classified, and only a few references to MARAUDER appeared after 1993. The project may or may not have been scrapped some time after 1995.

1 Like

Of course.

I will not take that. I will blue screen it out and proceed on my mission!

Aaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

I just with Scottie could beam me to.a planet with intellgient life!

Typical perfect hair elitist!

Couldnā€™t agree more!

1 Like

Oh, my bad. I was thinking about the idea of tungsten rods. I think that was Project Thor?

Thatā€™s good for terrestrial action against earthbound threats but what is really needed in addition is a moon base that can monitor and launch against incoming boolides with the potential to do greater destruction than any power on earth.

Itā€™s much cheaper and faster to launch from the moon and since theyā€™ve found water on the moon fuel can be produced right there.

The only question another killer asteroid or comet is when, not if one will strike the earth if not detected in time and either deflected, destroyed, or at least reduced in size such that the damage is not catastrophic.

I think he was talking about depleted uranium golf balls or something lol! It just kind of wandered from there.

Yeah, Iā€™m not so sure about that working either, but maybe that line of thought was how something like Project Thor was conceived. We need dreamers if weā€™re ever gonna get off this rock. :man_shrugging:

Speaking of, back to the dramas of the Sol Ring. Oyedeng, beratna.

We walked out of our warehouse one morning to see the picture below in the eastern sky. My boss said What the hell is that!

Without skipping a beat I told him it was a species ending asteroid LOL. It was a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral.

Iā€™m sorry, but every time I hear ā€œSpace Forceā€ I canā€™t help but think ā€œThunderbirds are go!ā€.

1 Like