Space Force and their potential

Just don’t let the memes distract you from the bug menace, or the 300,000 mobile infantry troopers lost on Klendathu.

Books were better but the movies were fun.

“My God. How could this happen?”

“We thought we were smarter than the Bugs.”

1 Like

I read the first book and couldn’t really get into it. Maybe because I saw the movie first.

When you have rail guns firing these projectiles at mach 10, hitting the ground at 1,700 degrees in areas that are combustible… You wont need to carpet bomb an area. It wont be pretty when you aim at natural gas infrastructure. Shooting through ships, it isn’t close infantry support… You wont be head shooting combatants from space…

1 Like

Sounds pretty hellish and a way to provoke someone to respond with nukes. Game over for everyone.

Control of low earth orbits and it’s involvement in wars… important. Your ideas? Silly.

Just take out all of the countries with nukes first. Problem solved. WWIII averted before it begins.

And manned craft cannot be hacked or hijacked?

You know what you are fundamentally forgetting in these Star Wars fantasies is that every all-powerful space station has a design flaw that allows a plucky group of rebels to bring it down with a single shot. Always has been that way, always will.

Even the Mandalorian doesn’t trust Droids.

1 Like

Well. I don’t trust Mandalorians!

1 Like

They’re obviously hiding something under that helmet. What’s with the secrecy?

You could get a 500 ton force equivalent with a one ton tungsten rod achieving mach 10 on descent from high orbit.

Half a kiloton doesn’t seem worth it to me under those variables.

Thats why you make 3… Add on a Naval CWIS… Or make a gatling gun using empty beer bottles… Same effect.

1 Like

And how many pilots did that take? How many pilots would die doing that over Moscow or Beijing if needed? 50% plus?

Taking out the enemies fuel supply, refining ability, destroys their capability… The war would end in hours. When the fuel they have is in their vehicles, and the rest in flames… You dont need to fight much beyond that point…

No! We will design the perfect system! It will be infallible! yeeargh!

Mach 10 is wrong, I saw that right away. It would need to be much faster.

Not worth the effort or the infrastructure.

Battle star Galactic had the solution… Non networked computers and manual over rides…

As far as high jacking… If its in orbit… And remains in orbit… If you get a rouge thats why you have more than one…

You seem to be unable to decide between precision and fantasizing about tossing heavy objects at things from space.

The only types of weapons that can navigate escalating nuclear war are precision weapons and I am just not seeing it beyond it being a platform for more traditional guided systems.

Nothing can be made infallible when facing rebels with perfect hair!