Sounds like US is pulling out of Iraq

It is a veritable clown show. The dumbest and dimmest leading the most powerful government in the world.

1 Like

So fake news is at it again…the letter is fake?

Dammit…

Yeah, this is the United States, not North Korea. We don’t punish people for disagreeing with the head of state here.

2 Likes

Slim just hijacked a plane to Baghdad.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Even better! Well done!!

1 Like

also it was released by an unusual route. and i am not talking about the media. i am talking about the military personnel involved.

but it could still be legitimate. if it is it still does not say we are for sure leaving. just repositioning in case we do.

Sounds like real letter, Esper wasn’t aware of it, scramble scramble we aren’t really leaving just thinning out who knows.

1 Like

Hopefully Baghdad Bob will be there to greet him.

2 Likes

The funny part is that the Base will support anything Trump decides. Bomb Iran! Yay. Leave Iraq? Yay! Send thousands more military? Yay! Bomb cultural sites in Iran? Yay!

Whatever the Orange one wants is cool…

1 Like

2.5 trillion dollars well spent?

1 Like

The letter wasn’t fake, it was mistakenly released is the story now.

Whoopsie daisy.

1 Like

Yep…

https://twitter.com/rabrowne75/status/1214297875489931264

This is what happens when there is total chaos in leadership.

I see Reuters updated it since I made this thread.

The authenticity of the letter, which was addressed to the Iraqi defense ministry’s Combined Joint Operations Baghdad, was confirmed to Reuters independently by an Iraqi military source.

“We respect your sovereign decision to order our departure,” it said.

In Washington, a Pentagon spokesman said he could not immediately confirm its authenticity.

The letter said: “During this time, there will be an increase in helicopter travel in and around the International Zone (IZ) of Baghdad.”

So we’ll see.

Wow- if it were only a television show it would be funny.

1 Like

This isn’t about Normal political arguments.

This is about a organized brigades of anti-American spies,

Arrest for treason?

I actually laughed out loud at this post.

Anything trump does is bad. We get it.

And for the record, I’d tell the iraqis to pound sand myself. We broke it, we bought it.

But letting them start another civil war without us there is better than the alternative.

1 Like

It sure looks like appeasement.

Sounds like appeasement.

Walks like appeasement.

Ends up with South Korea=Czechoslovakia.

Strange that it’s not ‘‘appeasement’’

1 Like

:rofl:

I love it.