Some historical context from opposition to MLK marches in 1964

I know, but nobody listens to me.

1 Like

Regarding this. I specifically tried to say I wasn’t making a point. A common theme that I have noticed in tangent when political heads speak about blacks in America have improved economically under trump. While this is true, I noticed this was the same argument used by George Wallace. I really just wanted to bring this up, not to say Trump is evil or anything not that one post could even do that, I was just noting that during a protest about police brutality and discussing economic gains for blacks doesn’t mean that you are necessarily pro black. I think it undermines what they are really fighting for and if he listened he might hear what they are trying to say. Honestly, I heard this quote while watching footage from back then, I didn’t search it out or anything. Was more that I’ve been hearing that everywhere to show how this isn’t some new civil rights movement, but a continuing one.

By search for it, I mean try to find something to say something negative. I heard it last night and immediately drew parallels

I haven’t changed. I wasn’t born with hate. I wasn’t taught to hate and I didn’t grow up hating.

It was true then too.

That is what I mean. This isn’t a protest for jobs or higher wages. If I felt the way that many blacks have discussed these last two weeks, no amount of money is worth that. George Wallace also helped blacks in job creation, but clearly he was no friend of black people and their rights. Economic improvement doesn’t justify how they feel nor should it. It’s like people think this is somehow an economic issue but its a humanity issue. Clearly there is discontent from the black community toward trump, and coming out and talking about the economic improvement, while true, also shows a lack of empathy and understanding for the reason you are there.

1 Like

You speak out of both sides of your mouth my man…but MLK didn’t. He stood firm for peaceful protests.

I watched those videos and this could not be more true. Every speech, every march, every post beating, he said he was going to march peacefully. Man that was inspiring.

Its a con game because thats all the flag hugger does. You may not fall for it but many do

George Wallace was racist.

I guess if I had to make a point it is this. Trump is using the same stats to justify his own moral stake in fixing an issue that has long existed but he and all presidents before had. You can’t blame him for this, but you can blame him for inaction on it. And both George Wallace and Trump are focusing on the riots and this economic news to shift focus from them because for whatever reason they don’t wan’t to acknowledge the anger and get down to fix it.

And what is the reason? It’s not racism. It’s not police racism. It’s not poverty. The data doesn’t support it.

So what is the reason?

A “humanity issue”? They’ve killed a lot of people and destroyed a lot of lives in the name of humanity.

1 Like

Systemic racism is real. People are not born that way, you may think you don’t play a part but in multiple statistics it shows that blacks have issues in access to education, funding for business, higher rates of crime, problems holding families together. It doesn’t make sense to say there is no systemic racism, when the system so blatantly results in across the spectrum worse results specifically along race lines. People shift the blame onto them saying its lack of religion or things like this everywhere. You look at top 500 company boards, almost all of them are white. How is that even possible if the system weren’t biased. They make up a huge percent of the population but are underrepresented in the very fabric that leads to prosperity. Is that intentional, no. Is it real, yes. How can we fix it, by focusing on it and calling it out. Nobody knows why this is happening, but America was built on their backs and while they play catch up we sit here and wonder why they complain.

That’s pretty disingenuous to take two different statements from two different threads to make it seem like I am not consistent.

So have whites. How many people have we killed in shootings. How many have we killed during the 60s. Lots of killings is more evidence that the system isn’t working. There is no reason to believe that race creates criminals. The system creates poverty which promotes criminality. Then you have to increase funding for police, and here we are. How can you ever address this without attacking the system that got us here.

I’d more label it it’s pretty hypocritical to say one thing in one thread and another in another…hence my post…you speak out of both sides of your mouth.

No they don’t.
Credit score is credit score.
Oh the irony.
How in the hell is that “systemic”? In what system?

Let’s stick to the topic please gentlemen.

You asked me what the reason was, that is why I brought it up. But okay.

Yes, white people have. “We” haven’t killed anybody. You see any of these white psychos blaming racism?

No it doesn’t.

Learn to use the quote function please.

As a reason for systemic racism. Question stands.