Soft target Alert!

I meant they were going full retard in general. This Capitol building thing just added to that statement.

Guys, they are just blocking weapons from entering the capitol building. They
weren’t expecting the Spanish Inquisition…

Would you criticize Australian legislators who violated the Australian constitution, if you had one?

An even more egregious violation.

1 Like

No they don’t. They choose to respect whatever venue the conference is being held at.

1 Like

That’s not true.

1 Like

In Michigan, our Supreme Court has already ruled that local municipalities can block weapons from entering their grounds (i.e. gun free schools).

Schools are a federal law. Public facilities are where the Constitution applies more, not less.

More fake news.
Because that is not the whole truth.
Some on the venues that the NRA uses for their conventions prohibit firearms. And of course the Secret service prohibit firearms while the President is there.
At all other times you can open and concealed carry at all NRA events as long as you abide by the state laws where the convention is being held and federal laws.

1 Like

Try bringing a gun into the US capitol building.

That is a fairy tale told by the left. Maybe you need to do a little goggling an find out the whole truth so you don’t spread fake news.

Is that an NRA policy or the policy of the venue?

My point exactly.

I don’t think it’s egregious at all. Same with court houses. The risk of disaster is too high and it is not unconstitutional.

It is most definitely unConstitutional.

Pretty sure scotus has ruled differently

The SCOTUS is quite frequently wrong.

1 Like

Sometimes yes.

The justices specifically said the government can ban firearms for felons or the mentally ill; it can ban guns in sensitive places, like schools and government buildings; and it can impose conditions and qualifications for the commercial sale of guns.

Rights can be removed through due process after the fact.

UnConstitutional. A clear and blatant violation of the 2nd Amendment.

Again unConstitutional and an abuse of the Commerce Clause.

1 Like

Well, that’s how they ruled. I agree with them for the most part.