So why do we need a wall?

I proved you were wrong with just my post. That was my objective.
Now you are moving the goalpost because I proved you wrong.

Why do they go through a checkpoint instead of elsewhere, Canadian?

Is someone by the name of Acosta helping you post?

For the talk of economic “expertise” the right sure does seem to ignore simple cost/benefit analysis… For a couple of trillion, we could have an impenetrable southern border, why settle for a metal stake fence?

The tunnels are already there and believe it or not there’s a really good mark up on, you know, illegal drugs.

they are not the only solution but an impt part of the overall solution

no one is saying otherwise

thanks for stating the hum hum obvious.

they have found tunnels. there are prob more

comprehensive border security.

yet, people work hard to get around, over and under the wall

shows how good they work!

Hey, you’re the one who seems to think that drug lords would have a problem paying for tunnels.

Tunnels are cheap. Irrigation tunnels go for miles. To think a wall is an effective measurement is short a stack

didn’t someone saw though Trump border wall in 5 mins?

It would never be impenetrable.
One picks a point on the cost vs benefit curve before it becomes a hockey stick.

Has anyone performed this analysis on the $5 billion? Would love to the see the analysis…

Laughable that in progressive liberals’ world, man can be woman but walls are deemed to be a ludicrous defense.

I doubt if you are really tuned in on how negotiations happen in appropriations bills.

The cost benefit analysis is just the beginning. Then there is the reality of what you can get approval for and the long term planning for adapting to the reality of appropriations.

I saw through progressive liberals long ago.

LOL… I am pretty familiar with appropriation bills… Which brings up an interesting point, even if we appropriated $5 billion for a wall this year, how much do you think would be spent before FY2020. What would prevent the congress from not allocating any money in FY2020?

Maybe because transporting large quantities of drugs is easier to do going through a checkpoint where you’ve got an actual highway that you can drive on as opposed to carrying them across the middle of the desert? If the bulk of drugs are coming in through ports of entry it would make more sense to focus on those areas.

So you know that amount requested changes to adapt to political realities. And yet you talk of cost benefit studies?

Yep. That is the effect of a wall… pushing the illegal operations into a funnel that can be more easily controlled.

Thanks for agreeing… Abilio Jim :slight_smile:

a wall would do nothing to stop illegal drugs.