So why do we need a wall?

Short answer. Because nothing else has worked. Technology is great. It has it’s place. Drones, cameras, motion sensors, they all help. But here is where they fail. They can alert but not stop. In other words, they are security monitors, they are not security guards. They do nothing to stop intruders. If intruders are detected, we must send out officers to apprehend them. Wouldn’t it be better to prevent entry in the first place? So my question is this: Once we apprehend them, then what do we do with them?

2 Likes

People go over walls.

1 Like

And people can go under walls by digging a tunnel.

1 Like

People go under walls.

I know, I live in San Diego where there is a border wall. There are miles and miles of tunnels right now.

Catapults!

1 Like

Ladders, ropes, you name it.

Dynamite! Bust a hole in the wall!

They can. But you will drastically reduce illegal entry.

They can. But you will drastically reduce illegal entry.

The border patrol says that walls will drastically reduce illegal entry. They are the experts. I tend to believe them.

We need a wall because Dumpster Donnie, like so many rich people with no comprehension of the real world, will see a wall around a property and get a false sense of security - not realizing that someone who has nefarious intent and somewhat reasonable intelligence can find a gazillion ways to compromise said wall and steal their stuff.

3 Likes

Where fencing and even limited walls are needed we should do that. But a lot 2000 mile contiguous Wall is a really really dumb idea. And border patrol doesn’t want it…

“President Trump has called for a wall along the border with Mexico to stop undocumented immigrants and drugs from entering the United States. But Border Patrol agents on the front lines say they need more technology and additional personnel to curb the illegal traffic.”

2 Likes

Might those Border Patrol Agents be the ones that the administration rolls out? I will guarantee you that there are a equal number of Agents who will disagree.

The border patrol who does have comprehension of what works because they live it every day supports a wall.

So what you’re saying is that they don’t work.

By “nothing else has worked”, you of course mean the rate of illegal immigration is at historical lows.

1 Like

The expert border agents have stated unequivocally that a border wall is essential…period. The arrogance of those opposing this necessary tool to protect the safety of US citizens is absolutely astounding.

Tunnels are used mostly for drugs, much more profitable than illegals.

I’ve been told we need border walls to stop the drugs from coming. Have I been misled?

Nope.

"President Trump has called for a wall along the border with Mexico to stop undocumented immigrants and drugs from entering the United States. But Border Patrol agents on the front lines say they need more technology and additional personnel to curb the illegal traffic, according to a report released on Thursday by Democrats on the Senate Homeland Security Committee.

The report was based on internal Customs and Border Protection documents from the 2017 fiscal year. It concluded that less than one half of 1 percent of the agents’ suggestions to secure the Southwest border mentioned the need for a wall."

1 Like