So we are keeping troops in Syria

What “dare” were you talking about? I have no idea?

To repel a Persian invasion that resulted in Persia not conquering Greece?

Such a nice singing voice.

Didn’t want that to go unnoticed.

1 Like

School mascot does not an appeal to authority make.

No. They were not there to repel. They went there to die.

1 Like

Why do you want them to stay? What’s The Mission?

Was meant as an interesting side note.

The mission is to prevent the massacre of our SDF allies who did almost all the groundwork taking out ISIL and have the thousands of casulties to prove it, to have a presence there to stop ISIL taking back territory, to block a majority route from Tehran to Damascus(Tanf) and this doesnt get talked about, but help protect the Rukban camp.

Ah so. Sorry, my mistake.

How are 400 soldiers going to prevent that massacre? Or do any of the rest of it for that matter?

You know all 400 of them are not shooters, right?

Good question. And this is really important for everyone(including our President) to understand. Turkey views SDF as essentially YPG. They equate YPG to PKK which is a terrorist organization. US policy is that YPG and PKK are separate. And that SDF is more than YPG. It is way more diverse now than when we helped form it. Was 90 percent plus at the beginning. So Turkey sees SDF on the border as a threat. SDF won the fight against ISIL for US in Syria. We can’t let Turkey move in and massacre them. They’ve gone after SDF in Afrin and it is part of Turkey now(essentially, Assad is never getting it back). Erdogan will do the same in Mabij, Tal Abyad, Kobani, Qamishli and everwhere else among the border. The thing that stops this is American soldiers being between Turkey and SDF. And they protect them because, and this is essential to all understanding of this, NATO MEMBERS DONT KILL NATO MEMBERS!!! If Turkey goes into northwest Syria they are going to kill US, French, Dutch, UK soldiers. That’s why they can’t do it. Once we leave, Turkey roles in with their army and tens of thousands of their pet TFSA killers. Does this make sense?

How are 400 US troops going to stop the Turk army from doing anything?

About 7000 troops from different Greek city-states went to block the Persian army’s advance. They were successful for 2 days and might of ultimately succeeded had they not been betrayed. After finding out the had been betrayed and flanked, the Spartans and some Tracians stayed to fight and die to cover the retreat of the rest of the army.

I just laid it out. Turkey wont kill US soldiers. If Turkey rolls into Rojava to take out YPG, US and other NATO soldiers will die. Once again, NATO SOLDIERS DONT KILL NATO SOLDIERS!!! Turkey can’t go into northeast Syria until we leave.

There’s your dare.

1 Like

Why did I think it was the Thesbians who stayed with the Spartans? I may have my ancient greeks mixed up.

You’re correct it wasn’t Tracians, it was Thespians who stayed with the Spartans. Some Thebans did as well, but I think they surrendered, for the most part.

Yeah thats pretty good. That was actually very good. Nice circle. Hats off. But we’re not there as a dare. We’re there for a reason.

Fascinating time period.

It took you long enough :wink:

I don’t disagree, the reason, the tool. The two go hand in hand. Is that reason enough for you to sacrifice 400 US troops?