So the Democrats are asking for Unity & Say they will Represent All Americans

You of course are free to do so but it would be a poor choice.

He’s a horrible human, and while I agree with most of his policies etc he’s done more damage to this nation than any six other presidents combined.

We haven’t been this divided as a nation since the civil war.

Trump is a fighter, but he lashes out blindly and without thinking and gave the media more ammunition than they could have ever hoped for from any other republican in history to use against him and US.

We can do much better. If we can’t, we don’t deserve to ever win another election.

2 Likes

Nobody could have accomplished what he did in 4 years other than him. If we keep nominating McLame’s & Romney’s we will just keep losing.

Trump is not as bad a person as Biden, Hillary, Shumer, Pelosi, Naddler, & many, many of the democrats. They have no compunction to lie, cheat, falsely accuse, or turn the legal system into their own personal brownshirt enforcers, or burn down cities, kill police, loot, or riot to get power.

1 Like

Well there’s certainly no evidence to support that.

He did some good work but didn’t perform any miracles and we have lots of choices other than Mclames and Romneys.

Donald Trump is a definitionally, true to archetype, malignantly narcissistic sociopath who can only understand your loyaty in terms of strip mining it for gratification.

I disagree. Who do you suggest?

I’m not sure who will be willing to run in 2024 but as always I’ll keep my options open.

Cruz I think would have been a far better president in virtually every way but his time may have passed.

I voted for Cruz in the primary. If Cruz runs against Trump in the next primary I’ll vote for Trump

I’m not interested in unity at all. The democrats vision of unity is submission. I won’t. You can’t take on a pack of wolves with a kindly nice guy.

I only want to defeat them.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why they’re impeaching him. :wink:

1 Like

We need enough unity to win an election and start bringing the country together.

Trump barely pulled it off in 2016 by pulling disaffected dem’s and a good portion of non aligned voters.

At this point he’s lost that coalition necessary for victory and I don’t see how he can rebuild it.

Even if we assume the election was stolen by fraud and he “really won” we have to do even better than half, probably by at least five points if not more in 24 to win and I don’t see that remotely possible with him as the candidate in fact I doubt he can win the nomination again or even get close to it.

Once we win the dem’s can either get on board or be left behind, their choice but we have to be able to get the strongest showing every by registered republicans and the middle plus a good portion of disaffected dem’s to win it.

Trump isn’t’ that guy.

1 Like

I don’t see any way that is possible with Trump as the candidate.

Poetic. Seriously. Not a veiled “poeing” reference.

1 Like

If we don’t get a real fighter like him it won’t matter if we win or not. I disagree he’s lost his support. We have had many in the GOP who promise us everything then don’t even try to keep promises. Bush was like that, so was the elder Bush. I will vote democrat before I’ll vote for another candidate like that.

Trump kept his word. He may be everything you said, I agree he’s not a good dude. The job description is not nice guy. It’s President. If i needed a brain surgeon & had my choice between the best & a mediocre one but the mediocre was a super nice guy & the best was a smarmy Trump like person, I’d want the best at the job.

You seem to be blaming him for the capital riot. I’d like to see one quote from Trump that said to the crowd to do what they did. He did the opposite. He sent in the National Guard. as well

If he hadn’t lost his support he’d be getting inaugurated again in 12 days and we’d not be having this conversation.

1 Like

I totally disagree. I do believe he won & won big. I do believe the election was stolen. More voted for him the 2nd time around, a higher percentage of minority voters as well.

Again, I’m not interested in unity at all.

The democrats vision of unity is submission. I won’t.

You can’t take on a pack of wolves with a kindly nice guy.

I only want to defeat them.

1 Like

Maybe. They will figure out some way to make a law against him running

1 Like

I would vote for Josh Hawley if Trump doesn’t run. I might vote for him if he does run. He stood his ground Wednesday, and stuck with his convictions after his family was threatened. I like that.

1 Like

The Senate can do it if he’s “convicted” in the impeachment.

And many more voted for Biden, about 7 million more.

The margins were razor thin in the “battleground states” and that’s where his support waned and hurt him.

Let’s assume for the moment you are right and the election was stolen.

Do you honestly believe there will be any systemic changes to prevent it in 2024 from happening all over again?

If that’s the case the margin of victory will need to be even higher and Trump just doesn’t seem to be the guy who can inspire it.

See the edit.

I thought so.

Doesn’t he have to have his cabinet with him? Pence? …If he is impeached?