Since when is this ok?

Remember when I was here four years ago, how bad that felt? Remember that half the country right now still feels that way,” he said. “Remember for the first time in the history of America, the life expectancy of white people is dropping because of heroin, suicide.

“All these white people that feel that anguish, that pain, they’re mad because they think nobody cares. Maybe they don’t. Let me tell you something: I know how that feels, I promise you, I know how that feels. A police officer, every time you put your uniform on, you feel like you got a target on your back. You’re appalled by the ingratitude when you would risk your life to save them. Oh man, believe me. Believe me, I know how that feels. Everyone knows how that feels.

“But here’s the difference between me and you: You guys hate each other for that. And I don’t hate anybody. I just hate that feeling. That’s what I fight through. That’s what I suggest you fight through. You’ve got to find a way to life your life and forgive each other. You’ve got to find a way to find a way to find joy in your existence, in spite of the feeling.”

For everyone who missed the point, and Chappelle comparing the black experience and white experience, he explained it nicely at the end.

1 Like

Are you going to be ok?

1 Like

Yes, I find racism to be outrageous, especially when it’s aired on national television.

Any sentence that begins with all these white people, is racist. And when has Chappelle ever risked his life to save someone?

Sure.

Hard to believe? You don’t?

What, you don’t think a lot of white people are feeling anguish and pain right now?

One - I have no idea who Dave Chappelle is, other than he is some sort of “comedian”.
Two - I had no idea Saturday Nite Live was still on the air.
And finally, if you find Saturday Nite Live’s brand of humor entertaining, you’re probably a bit shy in the I.Q. department.

I think some people of all races are, not just white people. Reverse the races in his monologue and it would never have aired.

I thought Chapelle did a great job Saturday. He showed real empathy and understanding for those Trump voters who feel upset right now, and he urged folks on the Left to understand what they are going through and to drop the gloating and rancor and come to a place where we all get along.

It was a good message, albeit done in his own style, which can be provocative. But that is how he grabs attention and then when he has you hooked, he chucks a few really great truth bombs.

2 Likes

So empathetic to accuse all poor white people of being comfortable in their KKK hoods. He should be in line for sainthood.

Mod Note

Stop trolling. All of you.

It’s edgy in his delivery, but he is empathizing with white america. He is saying, hey, we know what you are going through right now, because we have been feeling this way for 100s of years.

You see… someone gets it.

1 Like

No he wasn’t empathizing. :rofl: That’s ridiculous.

That was sarcasm in mocking derision. I watched it, I happen to like him.

The man from the grocery store is on tv.

1 Like

Oh look, someone who doesn’t know Dave Chappelles comedy. I am waiting for a Bill Burr or Gary Owens post to balance this out.

3 Likes

He wasn’t being comedic.

So arrogant, he is somehow a better person because he is on TV.

A comedian (whose specialty is shock value comedy) saying something offensive carries the same weight as the President of the United States saying it?

1 Like