Since when is this ok?

Let me know when they ask why black people aren’t more comfortable wearing masks because they wear them when they mug people.

This went over your head

Is not a pass for racism.

The complete silence and acceptance the last 4 years proves otherwise

2 Likes

I still find it hilarious of all the things that have been said and done, some people got their panties twisted in a tight ass knot about what Dave Chappelle said, but silent and complicit with the fudgery spewing from Trump’s mouth/tweets.

3 Likes

You didn’t watch it.

In this country more.

Yes why would a standup comedian doing the opening set while hosting a comedy show be doing comedy?

2 Likes

…a comedian whose career is built on shock value

I just finished watching it. He went a little overboard at a few points, but he didn’t cross “the line.” Some of it was genuinely funny.

IMO of course.

Because he had an opportunity to use the platform for a message he truly believes in. He has been consistent in how he uses SNL.

He’s trying to educate and influence culture. He is a man of principle.

And I like him for it.

It’s still comedy.

Which still isn’t a pass to spout racism.

He wasn’t seeking to shock. He was seeking to educate.

Why? Because he’s a one trick pony? You are confusing the tool with the message.

You think his intended audience thought it was funny? Who was his intended audience?

There are a lot of people who will disagree with that statement.

Interesting. Why is the venue a factor?

National television. Had it been on something like Netflix or HBO it wouldn’t be an issue. Technically what he said was pretty mild compared to his actual stand up shows.

Personally, I find him to be hilarious. He also targets black stereotypes in his standup. The dude makes fun of everyone and everything.

Maybe that’s the thing. I find a lot of racial jokes to be funny as hell. Even jokes about biracial people.

I don’t think I agree with that. SNL has a history of sending messages to attempt to influence culture. Nothing wrong with that.

When one has something to say, one uses the platform and tools one has.

Especially the trans community. His set on Netflix when he was talking about how the “q’s” are the most hated letter was hilarious