Siege of Kyiv is about to start

With all the air power Ukraine has…why isn’t that gridlocked convoy a thing of the past?

Ukraine air-force was the first thing attacked, they haven’t had jet in the air for awhile.

Yup… get em…

Had not heard that

Can you imagine if a President of a western country did this? Tonight I am listening to what the sanctions mean to their economy. Putin is absolutely gone off the rails. And those Republicans who support him because of Trump are fools.

1 Like

we all laughed when Trump joked about nuking a hurricane, now we are dealing with a real unhinged loony with a red button.

It is sad that there are so many people who believe that these two are great leaders.

1 Like

Don’t fall for the media crap. Fivethirtyeight polled this very question.

Polling over the last few weeks has found Republicans, like most Americans, don’t trust Putin. In an Economist/YouGov poll conducted Jan. 22-25, 15 percent of Republicans said they had a very or somewhat favorable view of Putin, similar to the 11 percent of Americans overall who said so.

So 15% of Republican’s said a very or somewhat favorable view compared to the rest of the country which was 11%. That’s not some seismic shift in difference of views towards Putin. They take single sentences or certain individuals we know who they are and put them out there like when the former president said Putin was smart but they ignore the rest of what he said. Both sides media are guilty of doing this to the opposition and they have done it as long as I can remember.

Most republican’s at least on this forum from what I can tell if that gives any representation seem to hate that there is a war in Europe, some of us question NATO’s decision to keep pushing eastward, and most of us want it to end before it escalates into some big boooooommmm around the world. That doesn’t mean we like Putin he is a KGB assassin who has killed journalists and had hitmen kill people with lethal poisons mainly in the U.K. But to be fair he isn’t dumb. Evil yes dumb no.

I don’t speak for all of us there has been a few republican’s on here over the week that see it differently than me and want to keep expanding NATO but if anyone loves Putin it’s and extremely low number. They are some of us also that think China is the bigger threat to us but again that doesn’t mean we don’t think Putin isn’t a threat although I would consider him more of regional threat.

But seriously I don’t like Putin but I am sure most Russian people are probably nice at least the ones I have met, except for this one girl she was a real you know what. I think wanting to pen love of Putin to republicans is still this non stop media following around Trump who is all to willing to troll them the way he did forever at every turn. I ignore it, just like I did his tweets for four years he was one of the main reasons I never joined twitter, but I don’t regret that decision after recently visiting it.

5 Likes

Was wondering that myself with that convoy hugging the road.

Give Trump an ounce of credit for knowing Putin’s economy hinges on energy and oligarch support. US energy output at the time gave Trump the latitude to smile with Putin knowing the Slavic inbred didn’t have the cash to feed his people let alone a marauding army.
Mean tweets later enter Ol Joey from Scranton who promptly ■■■■■■ the whole thing up and now, here we are.

3 Likes

I see people talking about the Vacum bomb or thermobaric Bomb being a war crime. When did it become a war crime? We used to shoot missiles with the warhead being one into caves and houses.

Who supported the pipeline to Germany, Trump or Biden? Which President thought it gave Putin too much leverage?
And yet here they are talking about “suppoerting Putin because of Trump”. What is their media feeding them?

Any possibility of Soviet era bunkers keeping a portion of the Ukrainian air force intact?

Have seen bunkers of this type in areas that the Soviet Union abandoned, so it would make sense that the Ukraine would have a few high quality installations around. Not only are air assets protected…they can also protect the runways.

I suspect that the Russian army will be in no rush go into the center of Kyiv. Urban fighting could be a military and political disaster. Snipers and antitank weapons from windows and rooftops could make life very difficult for an invading army. The Ukrainians have Javelin anti-tank weapons which have features that can defeat Russian defenses.

A Soviet approach to handling urban warfare was to use artillery and aerial attacks to level large portions of the city with a huge loss of life. I doubt the world opinion would be as favorable to that approach now as it was in 1945.

1 Like

Fivethirtyeight doesn’t do polling. They report on, and analyze, polling done by others.

I had to check this and find the original clip after seeing the India Air plane flying into Ukraine air space meme.

The dismay in the voices of the other gamer team members voices was as funny as the Leeroy charge.

1 Like

I am not so sure this is going to be good for Putin to put on a siege and a show.

Even if they finally knock out the internet, the counter imagery will be devastating to the Russian people.

Putin supporting Russians are being quiet…for now. One high profile supporter is Ovechkin and 37 other millionaire hockey players with family in Russia.

They need Mercs to show em how to IED.

“Mercs”

Did I just see Zelensky speaking at the UN?

Where is the UN located again? :thinking:

1 Like