Siege of Kyiv is about to start

BORING!

Incompetence most likely.

They pulled the same stunt in Georgia and Chechnya. And a whole bunch of Russian soldiers died because of it.

The Russian military is a mess, but the number one problem they have had since the fall of the USSR is properly managing combined arms elements and keeping their logistics both running and protected.

The average Ivan soldier is probably pissed as hell about how this is going.

3 Likes

They have the economy of Italy, and most of that money is paid to oligarchs.
they will be lucky if the end up like North Korea after this.

3 Likes

A10 warthogs was the first thing to come to mind lol.

The electricity is still on in Kyiv. This isn’t a siege, this is a tease. lol

3 Likes

Anyone got any decent live feeds? The sun will be coming up in a couple hours over there.

1 Like

From what I have seen Russia has a ton of conscripts aka troops that don’t want to be there. But then the last 10% like the air force and special forces are a pretty tough bunch.

The Ukrainian Air Force had 89 high performance tactical aircraft the day before the invasion. Jet fighters make good TV, yet we haven’t seen one image of their air force. The only strike by them I have seem is a drone strike against a BM-21 MLRS. The Turks sold them armed drones. They had 6+ with up to 48 more ordered.

I suspect they had available pilots and we haven’t seen their aircraft because they were destroyed by missile strikes on the air bases on the first 2 days. If I am correct they will fly into Ukraine, land and be hit again. If they launch from Poland and go straight into combat Putin will be able to rightly claim that an attack on his forces originated from a NATO country.

4 Likes
1 Like

The Iraqis on 80 didn’t have air cover or effective ADA. The Russian Air Force is still intact and we have seen plenty of Russian tactical ADA systems in the pictures of their forces. And Ukraine isn’t an open moonscape desert like what 80 runs through North of the Mutla Ridge in Kuwait.

1 Like

That bottom right camera they are fighting.

small arms fire, likely saboteurs.

1 Like

It’s 5am. STAND-TO!

3 Likes

That convoy isn’t 17 miles long it’s 17km from Kiev and it’s 40 miles long, thankfully for my wife’s brother left there and went to west Ukraine with his parents but he still can’t leave the country.

Well, that’s interesting.

What better way to earn one’s freedom back than in the Colosseum? :wink:

4 Likes

:+1: :-1: :eyes:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I think it was on Discovery channel or something like that - I happened to see a documentary on Ukrainian prisons in the last year. Can’t remember what part of the country, But they run extremely tight prisons. Everything is regimented and military-drill oriented. The prisoners clearly become robots after years of this. So maybe they’ll be psycho robot killers.

2 Likes

The city of Kherson is under heavy attack in the southern part of the country.

Will Russia make a push for Moldova ?