Siege of Kyiv is about to start

“Talks between Ukrainian and Russian delegations were expected to resume via teleconference Tuesday, the president said. Talks were halted Monday for a “technical pause,” according to one of Zelenskyy’s advisers. Three previous rounds of talks held in Belarus provided little progress, but both sides expressed optimism ahead of this week’s negotiations.”

2 Likes

Might want to wait a bit.

It looks like Odessa might be getting ready to be attacked by the Russian Navy.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think that’s going to happen. I’ve seen the reports though. They’ve already ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ everything else so I don’t see an amphibious landing going any better. If they were going to do it they would have done it way earlier and not given the Ukrainians an extra almost three weeks to prep for it in Odessa. Not to mention their southern campaign has essentially stalled at Mykolaiv. Don’t think they’ll be able to reinforce by land any time soon. And that would lead to disaster for their naval infantry.

Not really. We didn’t attack Russia for delivering weapons to Vietnam. Once they were there, they were subject to attack. Same procedure applies.

Would it be legitimate for us to invade Russia because we perceived some groups to be “fascist”? I mean, if it works for Russia and antifa…

3 Likes

Well we have a different form of foreign policy than Russia. But nice throwing in antifa for no reason.

At this particular time in the “special military operation,” US Rep. Madison Cawthorn wants to clarify something very important to him.

What is this about?

2 Likes

Nice coming to the defense of antifa for no reason.

2 Likes

I’m not defending anything. You’re just bringing up something for no reason. Just be like the other cons and end it with a “Let’s Go Brandon!” chant to make it a true Hannity forum post.

It was relevant. Both Russia and antifa claim if they decide someone is fascist, it’s ok to attack them. That’s part of the reason Russia gives to excuse their attack.

1 Like

1951? … C’mon man. No country in Europe was militarily capable of keeping Russia out of Yugoslavia in 1951, not even Great Britain. Not to mention that the continent had barely begun to rebuild following WWII and nobody in the west wanted another major war. And it’s not like anyone in Europe or the US had any love for Tito.

everyone? i’ve been saying for quite some time in a conventional war we’d wipe the floor with russia. its been obvious since the first iraq war

You know… I read it wrong.

I was substituting “Ukraine” with “Western”

My bad on that one.

But there are those on here who have said that the Russian army would beat Germany.

to be fair also, i did think russia would make fairly quick work of it. you’d have thought they had learned by watching us. they haven’t. they tried to, but neglected the air war and logistics. we are at a point where the only reason we don’t clean russia up is because they have nukes. they’ll be relying on that more in the future. welcome back to MAD.

1 Like

Without nukes they would be a failing regional power.

without nukes all of the federated republics would have declared independence by now. they certainly would after this.

1 Like

The Russian people are watching their young boys coming home in body bags, their ruble is worth $0.01 and oligarchs are having multimillion dollar yachts seized in Italy right now. I gotta believe Vlad the inbred Slav might have made himself a ■■■■ sandwich he no longer has the appetite for.
My question is who’s going to pay for the death and destruction that ■■■■■■■ is directly responsible for?

I was reading that Russian conscripts serve for one year. I am no military expert at all, but that seems like just the right amount of time to cultivate cannon fodder.

Not to mention the Soviet army was still a beast and the U.S. was engaged in Korea.