Should the word "riot" be considered hate speech?

As I said, I only did a google search to see what his past was like after I read that NBC article about the loving gentle giant. Obviously, the journalist and NBC Editor and Yahoo editor that carried it forward did care about his past, and went to work falsifying it.
So don’t say nobody cared. NBC and Yahoo cared.
And didn’t mind pushing their fake news.

I’m going to fill you in on little secret. The only time it gets national attention is when it is a black man. And that’s sad truth.

If the victim was white…chance are we would never have heard about it.

2 Likes

Sorry but this is garbage.

If the cop has a history of complaints regarding violence or “excessive force” and he kills someone senselessly then yes their background is relevant.

Floyd didn’t get killed because he was violent or holding a gun or anything. Matter of fact he was walking out cuffed already.

So why does Floyd’s past matter when it wasn’t a reason for his detainment or death?

Not a chance.

What about the white woman that was killed a few years ago? Wasn’t she in Minnesota too?

Exactly. Why would the media misrepresent him and his past? Obviously, they wanted to create a theme.

Because she was killed by black cop.

Black on black or white on white crimes rarely gets reported because it doesn’t fit anyone narrative. At least that’s based on my observation.

You said their words lead to violent protests. I’m telling you that no one would have cared because his past wasn’t why he was killed.

What’s the narrative currently on MLK? From all sides? Is it that he was an agitator and adulterer therefore any media stories saying he was a “transcendent” figure was fake news because of his past. Nope.

It’s silly and a typical tactic.

Nothing… you’re taking advantage the chaos and destruction of a riot to steal a flat screen TV from Target.

Well done DougBH.

1 Like

Well done, DougBH.

Nice. Just cut off the rest of the post. :roll_eyes:

How do you stop looters other than shooting them? Is that what you expected the cops to do to protect property?

How many shops were looted and cars burned during the riots following that incident?

Rest of his post I’ve already gone through in my head. I was just pointing out what I’ve haven’t thought about.

So spare me the eye roll.

The people of Minneapolis need to quit already with the rioting. What’s the end game? The 4 officers are fired, the FBI has been called on to investigate, they’re probably facing murder charges. And they should be charged. But the looting and rioting are hurting your cause. It’s only going to get people killed.

3 Likes

Burning down a Wendy’s and looting Target is a form of protest?

Exactly what did the folks who own the property being destroyed and who paid for the merchandise being stolen have to do with the completely wrong conduct of 3-4 police officers.

I fail to see how destroying the community, the restaurants and stores that provide goods, services, food, and jobs has anything to do with protest.

The people doing those deeds are criminals, and just as I hope the officers who killed George Floyd face justice, so to should the arsonists, vandals, and robbers, who’ve been assaulting that community.

1 Like

That’s really well said Conan thank you.

I don’t know how to stop this, I just know the rioting, vandalism, theft, and other crimes we are witnessing are just destroying the community and a lot of people’s lives, people who had nothing to do with the apparently unjustified death of George Floyd.

Those people burning down those neighborhoods are criminals Taking advantage of a terrible situation …not protesters in my opinion.

1 Like

They’re protesting not having a flat screen TV.

C’mon … they already all have flat screen TVs. They just want larger flat screens with more dpi.

…cuz it’s different.