Looks like crime being down was all a lie

No idea… which is why the anyone saying there is a rise in underreporting deserves scrutiny.

In this case, the oped writer provided no data to back that claim up.

True illegals, probably not. But then that’s been the case forever right? So those numbers have been baked in for as long as we’ve been tracking that data.

What data? Is it not common sense? You have millions from countries with cultures of criminality and ineffective and corrupt policing flooding in.

Where have you ever seen that lead to “cRiMe iS DoWn!”?

1 Like

What’s a false illegal?

I pointed out that i agree that the stats as presented are questionable especially given the Baltimore example. The fact that that went over your head is on you. Somebody somewhere taught you guys words to be used in debate like strawman and gaslight but you never actually understood what those words mean.

How do you statistically measure “common sense”?

illegals mostly don’t report crimes against them. They may or may not anonymously report crimes against others or others property.

But can’t we assume that that reality is already reflected in any crime data we collect? Which means that issue has been baked into the data since the beginning of collecting it.

Anecdotes

It’s all based on feelings primarily.

Asylum seeker

The article points this out:

"Nashville’s own data tallied more than 6,900 aggravated assaults in 2023, but the FBI counted only 5,941, leaving almost 1,000 of those offenses “missing.” This trend is consistent across the board: While 2022’s FBI city-level figures track the police’s own data, the 2023 numbers consistently undercount offense totals. Any year-to-year comparison overstates decline. "

And this:

"The federal government’s own victims’ survey, which attempts to capture the gap between the number of actual offenses and the number reported to police, shows much higher offense rates than the FBI does. Moreover, a rising share of victims are failing to report their victimizations at all. In 2022, only 42% of violent crime victims and 33% of property crime victims bothered to report the crime to police.

That underreporting reduces the reliability of FBI numbers in measuring actual offense levels. For example, robbery offenses, which constitute roughly 25% of all violent crime by volume compared to 5% for murder, declined 18% between 2019 and 2022, according to the FBI, while the victim’s survey suggests a 30% rise. "

When you’re dealing with someone whose only apparent point is to say you are wrong, none of that matters.

2 Likes

This doesn’t show underreporting by victims. Fail number 1

Already quoted this here

The article provides zero data to backup that claim. And you fell for it too.

Fail number 2

I wish you would have followed the conversation.

“Anonymously”? :rofl:

Are cool now!

1 Like

Sarcasm :blush:

Wait didn’t some idiot leftist say something about “there’s no data?”

That looks likes lotsa data to me!

Libs are a bad comedy show sometimes.

1 Like

Hypocrisy. Not mine.

The point is that the FBI numbers are underreported.

This is why I consider your posts stupid. I stopped right there.

Go pester someone else.

2 Likes

One would hope.

1 Like

So you were going off of feeling?

I wrote if on purpose.

We feel that crime goes up and we feel that crime goes down based on the media. We try to confirm our feelings using statistics
So it’s both.

Don’t worry your media sources will continue to push that crime is out of control. That’s how it always works because election year.

It’s an election year

Crime must be down

Fear must be silenced

The left is coming!

3 Likes