Should the word "riot" be considered hate speech?

Well done DougBH.

1 Like

Well done, DougBH.

Nice. Just cut off the rest of the post. :roll_eyes:

How do you stop looters other than shooting them? Is that what you expected the cops to do to protect property?

How many shops were looted and cars burned during the riots following that incident?

Rest of his post I’ve already gone through in my head. I was just pointing out what I’ve haven’t thought about.

So spare me the eye roll.

The people of Minneapolis need to quit already with the rioting. What’s the end game? The 4 officers are fired, the FBI has been called on to investigate, they’re probably facing murder charges. And they should be charged. But the looting and rioting are hurting your cause. It’s only going to get people killed.

3 Likes

Burning down a Wendy’s and looting Target is a form of protest?

Exactly what did the folks who own the property being destroyed and who paid for the merchandise being stolen have to do with the completely wrong conduct of 3-4 police officers.

I fail to see how destroying the community, the restaurants and stores that provide goods, services, food, and jobs has anything to do with protest.

The people doing those deeds are criminals, and just as I hope the officers who killed George Floyd face justice, so to should the arsonists, vandals, and robbers, who’ve been assaulting that community.

1 Like

That’s really well said Conan thank you.

I don’t know how to stop this, I just know the rioting, vandalism, theft, and other crimes we are witnessing are just destroying the community and a lot of people’s lives, people who had nothing to do with the apparently unjustified death of George Floyd.

Those people burning down those neighborhoods are criminals Taking advantage of a terrible situation …not protesters in my opinion.

1 Like

They’re protesting not having a flat screen TV.

C’mon … they already all have flat screen TVs. They just want larger flat screens with more dpi.

…cuz it’s different.

That’s the problem. They’re probably facing charges when they should be facing charges. There’s no question what happened here. The lead officer was still kneeling on the guy’s neck for at least three full minutes after he stopped moving. Now the precint is burning and there is absolutely no police presence. That tells me they know they screwed up here and don’t want to incite things further.

Seems very similar to the Freddie Gray incident, imo. The cops involved there not only watched Gray die without calling for medical assistance, they were literally bragging about it to bystanders who were recording the incident as it was happening. These guys in Minneapolis knew they were being filmed too. People have had enough of this crap. It shouldn’t have happened the first time, let alone this time. This illustrates the wrong people are being hired in law enforcement. The lead officer had a history of complaints against him going back years prior to this and received no disciplinary action for any of them. That’s wrong.

You mean there could be good people on both sides? Who would have known.

1 Like

Yep. No better way to protest violence then with some good old fashioned burning, looting and pillaging!

It doesn’t. But how many angry people do you know act rationally when they’re angry?

1 Like

It tells me there are a bunch of people breaking the law. They should also be prosecuted.

All officers have complaints filed against them. The veracity of those complaints is always in question, it’s the shear nature of arresting criminals. That’s not to say that they shouldn’t be investigated by his superiors, but the mere existence of complaints is evidence of nothing.

The police took to the streets to stop the rioting with teargas and rubber bullets. They didn’t give up the prescient because they felt guilty. They gave it up because they were overwhelmed.

Yes, there was no convictions in the Grey incident. So when should they riot and burn down the prescient? Before justice is served or after? I get it. People are pissed off. They should be. But rioting and looting does their cause a great disservice. Do you think police will have a heavier hand after they finish burning down the city, or will they “all just get along” when this is over?

Thanks Vikings!

And just let the non protestors (because they no longer are protesters) steal the city blind and burn it down. Really? Okay? Then NO federal funds into that area of anykind PERIOD.

Your comparing apples to oranges. Protesters when they turn violent/looting compared to the guy that started this. One isn’t like the other.

It’s the protesters who are escalatiing things when they start looting stores empty and start burning the city to the ground.

1 Like