Should the word "riot" be considered hate speech?

Like I said to Snow, you expect an angry mob to act rationally? Good luck with that.

And this wasn’t one or two complaints. This was several going back years. Someone should have looked into their conduct once they started mounting up. If these officers had been held accountable back when they were getting more and more aggressive (based on previous complaints against them), they might not have been brazen enough to murder Floyd, knowing they were being filmed while they were doing it. This whole situation could have been easily avoided, but here we are.

Was Floyd a saint? No, he was a convicted felon. But this arrest was over a check forgery. Gray was being arrested for tax evasion when he died. I’d say the punishment doesn’t fit the crime in either case, never mind that the police aren’t supposed to be judge, jury, and executioner in the first place.

And how were they overwhelmed? The National Guard was called in already. They weren’t there either.

Man-to-man, but that’s just my preference.

1 Like

Neither is the angry mob.

1 Like

And again, if the previous behavior had been addressed properly, there wouldn’t be an angry mob in the first place.

1 Like

You don’t know that. It could be that it was addressed properly, and the complaints were found to be without merit.

I know the rioters shouldn’t be destroying property. Unless their point is to really show the city by paying higher taxes to fix the ■■■■ they broke.

Of course I know that. Neither officer was reprimanded over any of the complaints and they had several. The lead officer had over a dozen. Three strikes applies to criminals, but the police can get away with a dozen without question. And then we wonder how crap like this keeps happening.

2 Likes

Mine too…with a beautiful woman for desert. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mutually exclusive events where each stands alone…on their own merits. If you can find merit in either or justify one due to another, then internally, you’ve been corrupted by the very hate…you claim to hate? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Because criminals will lodge a complaint in an attempt to avoid prosecution?

:man_shrugging:

Multiple complaints over a period of time establishes a pattern of behavior and should be looked at as such, not individual incidents. That’s how it works for us normal peons, it should work exactly the same for the police.

And you’re assuming they were filed by criminals. I’m not. Too bad we’ll never know.

So you admit you’re assuming. Now we’re getting somewhere.

2 Likes

Apparently you can’t read. Try again.

1 Like

Really? Seriously? How many deaths have taken place from black on black crimes but…where is the disdain. Where are the rioters? Why the prejudice? Why not confront all? The answer to this is what I’m addressing and your answer proves, you’ve been corrupted my friend by the very hate you claim to hate.

1 Like

Logically, you have to be assuming, because you don’t know. I’d say my assumption has a higher probability of being correct, though.

Sorry we’re discussing the Floyd incident and the actions of the officers involved leading up to it. If you want to change the subject, feel free to start a different thread.

1 Like

That isn’t how assumptions work. Try again.

I did. I came to the same conclusion. Your “tell me what I should think” meter is broken.

Telling you what to think? These are documented facts. I know, reality is hard when it doesn’t fit your narrative.

1 Like

Yup. To bad we’ll never know the documented facts that show it was criminals lodging the complaints.