Should mt rushmore be removed?

That seems like a lose lose situation for both sides

The stupid ideas are just oozing from this thread.

Mount Rushmore is a glorious piece of our American experience. A tribute to accomplishment and ingenuity…and like everything right now a group of dimbasses who’s only accomplishments in life involve destroying things want to tear it down?

Clowns.

2 Likes

The New York Times building stands on property stolen from the Lenape Indians. I say give it back.

3 Likes

He also sculpted the marble bust of Lincoln that sits in the Capitol. Shall we smash that too?

1 Like

Who could argue with a mature, thoughtful and well reasoned post like this?

1 Like

I’d wager that there’d be citizens there to help protect Mt. Rushmore and insure that didn’t ever happen?

1 Like

so if someone where to take your land,and build a great piece of art on it they should be entitled to keep it? what the difference. the tribes have been fighting for the land since before the monument was built

the land should be returned to the sioux and let them decide what to do with the monument

whos illegally taken land is it on?

1. mt rushmore is not on private property
  2. what treaty was broken on the land where the times building sits

it was build on illegally obtained land. so if someone where to take your land and build a work of art on it you’d be ok with tha?

the real history of mt rushmore

Dude…you actually argued that funding for the maintenance of one of the most beautiful monuments to the greatness of this country be ended and that monument be allowed to fall apart…

I pointed out what I believe to be the pure foolishness of that position…

And you have the nerve to offer snark about my
“mature, thoughtful and well reasoned” comment.

Just let that one sink in…

1 Like

If Byrd’s name being on things in West Virgina is seen as a monument to hatred and oppression by marginalized communities there then it absolutely should be removed.

Or Trump tweeting about it. Hypocrisy on display.

Mt Rushmore is ugly. It never even got finished.

It was only a matter of time before radical crazies started going after Rushmore. Y’all have lost your violent minds. :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe they just want to be a part of history. The history that erases history. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Why not?

Rushmore for trump, Leavenworth for obama!

1 Like

No one will ever make statues of, sing songs about, or pay tribute to these insane leftists. Nobody respects petty vandals that never did anything meaningful for this nation.

why not let the people on whose land it sits have a say? theres no dispute the land was stolen. its not on privately owned land so there is nothing preventing the government returning the land to its rightful owners