Should mt rushmore be removed?

They may not get it this generation, but I’m hopeful they will be given back as society progresses.

Of the forum libs?

Not a one.

Hypocracy on display.

1 Like

I remember people calling those of us concerned about this a few years ago crazy or at best a right wing conspiracy that groups like BLM and Antifa would come after the founding father statues (Already Happening) after the confederacy as well as possible Mt. Rushmore, and here we are.

The press doing what they do best stoking the flames
dddddd

They won’t but the moderates in the democratic party need to put a muzzle on them while they can before they take the democratic party for themselves, they are getting closer each election and with no grown ups in the room more emboldened.

2 Likes

Yes. None of the “libs” on this forum care about Robert Byrd. If you want to tear down any statues of Byrd, I don’t think any libs here will defend them - or care at all.

Why is that “hypocritical”?

It is the idea that Byrd isn’t the current target of demolition. A fair point by defenders of the confederacy who feel this underlines a sense of hypocrisy by liberals.

The extension of that quote is “yeah…he is next”

Got bigger fish to fry.

Cause “libs” are tearing down statues of slave holders (and slave free-ers) first before Byrds, if they ever care enough to.

1 Like

i dont think most would care one way or another if all the robert byrd memorials came down. i certainly dont think you would see states passing laws to protect them or armed groups defending them

Really I wouldn’t have thought you would have thought that way from your previous posts. You guys need to ask yourself a question let’s say they do all that, all founding fathers statues removed as well as Mt Rushmore, what’s next? It ain’t stopping. Will it only stop when the Anders Breivik’s come out to play or are there a line in the sand were moderates say enough is enough?

I was being sarcastic and snarky…responding to the question Should Mount Rushmore be Removed.

Like we’re gonna remove an entire flipping mountain.

Thank goodness, :slight_smile: I was going to say I read a lot of your posts and have had dialogue with you and a few others on this board that gives me hope there are more moderates out there. My little sister who is about as a left as you can get without being obnoxious (Same holds true for the right) was telling me the other day she is worried because of what she is hearing about a far right backlash coming. We are second generation immigrants from Germany and the far right over there in parts of Saxony, and countries like Poland, Hungary, and the Ukraine is a whole different league of far right than we have here in the states. She was speaking of groups rising up like Saxony Far Right, and that’s downright ■■■■■■■ scary, of course she has a totally different circle of friends than I do and I hope its hyperbole from what they are hearing, last thing we need is McVeigh characters coming on the scene.

1 Like

Hell no, besides being national monument it’s a magnificent work of both engineering and art.

1 Like

No, which is delicious hypocrisy.

1 Like

I’m waiting for Friday night when Trump drops the hint that his face should be included with the other four.

I wonder if its technically feasible to carefully carve it into chunks so that it could be put back together somewhere else.

Not without massive amount of damage and incredible expense.

There are natural flaws and faults ll over the monument which is why we spent millions few years.
ago restoring and repairing it.

another 20m in upgrades to the visitor facilities is still under way or just completed.

Mount Rushmore is just fine.

This raw pure stupidity needs to stop.

There are no perfect people in the world…you people advocating destroying everything that salutes our history might well be more flawed and probably have accomplished less than the people being memorialized. Those monuments salute achievement and the overwhelming contributions these people made.

Enough with the brain dead cancel culture.

7 Likes

Show me the Environmental Impact Report and I’ll get back to you about removing the sculptures.

I have no problem with removing his name from public buildings.

1 Like

That should only take 25 years or so to complete. :sweat_smile: :smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Don’t remove it, but quit paying money to maintain it.