Should camela harris Resign Her Senate Seat Now and Let California Voters Decide Who Should Serve Out Her Term?

Here is what likely will happen.

Harris stays in office.

If Biden/Harris loses, Harris retains her Senate seat.

If Biden/Harris wins, Harris likely will resign from the Senate effective noon on January 3rd, 2021, allowing her successor to enter the Senate with favorable seniority.

If Biden/Harris wins, Adam Schiff will likely be appointed to that Senate seat.

1 Like

Why should she resign?

Tim Kaine didn’t resign, and he was sitting US Senator.
Paul Ryan didn’t resign while being a sitting Congressman
Sarah Palin didn’t resign and she was sitting Governor
John McCain didn’t resign and he was sitting US Senator
Barack Obama didn’t resign and he was sitting US Senator.

You were just a bit late with the Thread/ call

@NuffSaid beat ya to it.

To let the people of California decide her replacement. It’s right there in the title.

But WorldWatcher gave the definitive answer about what would happen and I thanked him.

Following that logic is Trump going to resign from the presidency so he can campaign for the presidency because campaigning is so time consuming?

3 Likes

No problem, its easy. failed VP candidate kamala harris. easy peasy

1 Like

Boom.

Has an incumbent ever, in the history of EVER, resigned to run for the seat they occupy??

Hilarious!

Given the import, presumably, of the position of the presidency even without a pandemic to deal with, it is reasonable to assume that it requires the full attention of the incumbent. Even more than for a sitting Senator.

Campaigning is essentially all that Trump has done for the last three and a half years.

That, and golf.

Too late for the election, but has she resigned yet?? She won right??

Was she at the judiciary hearing today??

I have no doubt Harris will resign her seat by Jan. 20th.

There’s no rush.

I thought they won…Lame duck…

She should resign today.

Yes, they did win.

I have no doubt you feel that way.

She will resign whenever she is ■■■■■■■ good and ready to resign and not when some random internet poster thinks she should resign.

That being said, she will most probably submit her resignation to be effective at noon on January 3rd, 2021, so that her successor will have favorable seniority in new class of Senators.

1 Like

They declared victory.

Doesn’t she believe in her claim??

Of course.

Why would that mean she should resign? There’s important work for her to do in the Senate in the next two months.

Who cares? Its going to be some lefty Democrat either way.

Hopefully filling judicial spots.