Should Americans go back to work

I know.

From my perspective I see little economic benefit to be gained from opening up in places not near the hotspots worth the risk of flaring up.

But maybe the CDC has coordinated with local and state health authorities to have an effective dance put in place.

I’m dubious but am open to having my mind changed.

I don’t, that’s why I don’t use the phrase on the internet people. Simple

I am saving starving children! Me!

Be better. Do better.

So it’s not about facts but feelings. Sounds about right.

Paraphrasing…

“I am a lawyer…I KNOW THE LAW…”

“I removed teeth from Honduran children”

“My society is better than yours”

All of these could be considered virtue signaling. AKA “showing off”.

Dumb phrase

3 Likes

Of course it is. Fear is an emotion (feeling). So are panic, hysteria, etc.

What are the “facts”? That 1,306 people, the vast majority of whom had serious preexisting conditions, have died of this disease? That 500 more have recovered than died? That 85,000 out of 350 million have been confirmed to have it?

Ok, those are “facts”. Those “facts” didn’t shutdown 30% of the country. Fear, an emotion, did.

The fear is not based on the current situation, the “facts”. It is based on a projected situation that may or may not happen. The “fact” is you don’t know that if we kept this up for 2 years and did everything you want that it would make any difference at all. You feel like it would.

1 Like

Absolutely. Did I ever deny it or claim to be better? Did I admonish you to do better?

It’s enough for you to know you are not better. You are not enlightened, smarter, more civilized.

It stings, I know. It’s a perfect phrase. 10/10.

2 Likes

Human decisions are not based on logic nearly as much as most like to pretend.

1 Like

Do you have to make that claim in order to “virtue signal”?

Again… is telling someone to do better “virtue signaling”?

Backatchya

Yes. Or imply it.

Yes. Who are you to tell anybody to do better? Mind your business.

Never claimed it. I am a deplorable rube.

What are you?

1 Like

Exactly

Whoops :joy:

3 Likes

Mocking. I stole your meme.

stole your meme

Mocking? :rofl::joy::rofl:

Nice, I’ll use that excuse next time.

Of course it’s mocking, Ray Charles could see it. I’ve been telling you © libs you aren’t better ever since I got over being intellectually intimidated a couple of years ago.

2 Likes

Wow…The German Embassy has just recommended that all German citizens who are currently in the United States return home as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Which would explain why you would tell a lib to “be better”.

Just stop, you got caught “virtue signaling”

Own it, you think libs can “Be better” because you think “we aren’t better” makes sense.

1 Like

Good Lord. Yes, mocking.

Got caught? I never denied it. I do it all the time. The difference is I’m not a hypocrite about it.

You © aren’t better, you © just feel you are.

1 Like

I didn’t know you read German :slight_smile:

1 Like

You just tried to tell someone else that they are virtue signaling… when you do the same thing. Definition of hypocrisy.

I don’t feel I am… “better” and “smarter” is subjective. I know I am better than every single con on this board regarding cybersecurity… but I don’t know squat about guns (don’t even own one, although I am looking) or Farming.

Everyone has their strengths…

No, denying I do it would be hypocrisy.

Of course you do; better than anybody who supports Trump or even the smallest of his policies.

I know I am better than every single con on this board regarding cybersecurity

How could you possibly know that? You don’t. It’s not even measurable.

I am a deplorable rube. What are you?

1 Like