Should Americans go back to work

And that which follows you know the next page.

How about just posting a link to it?

Fail. The very next word is another question.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-conference/

1 Like

:rofl: Some people never learn when its time.

2 Likes

"Of the 15 people — the “original 15,” as I call them — 8 of them have returned to their homes, to stay in their homes until fully recovered. One is in the hospital and five have fully recovered. And one is, we think, in pretty good shape and it’s in between hospital and going home.

So we have a total of — but we have a total of 15 people, and they’re in a process of recovering, with some already having fully recovered."

He made it absolutely clear he was talking about the original 15 cases.

We started out by looking at certain things. We’ve been working with the Hill very, very carefully, very strongly.

2 Likes

And then?

And then you can have some gravy with your Crow.

1 Like

You cant be serious? That is an entirely different part of the press conference
:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yeah from the very beginning which set the context for the later question

You would actually have to be right about something first
:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Wrong. It set the context for that question and that question alone. There were even 2 other people that spoke in between those statements

The facts of course show otherwise but by all means continue your roll.

Your opinions are not facts. There were 2 other people that spoke in between those statements. They had nothing to do with each other

We have a total of 15. We took in some from Japan — you heard about that — because they’re American citizens, and they’re in quarantine. And they’re getting better too.

But we felt we had an obligation to do that. It could have been as many as 42. And we found that we were — it was just an obligation we felt that we had. We could have left them, and that would have been very bad — very bad, I think — of American people. And they’re recovering.

Of the 15 people — the “original 15,” as I call them — 8 of them have returned to their homes, to stay in their homes until fully recovered. One is in the hospital and five have fully recovered. And one is, we think, in pretty good shape and it’s in between hospital and going home.

So we have a total of — but we have a total of 15 people, and they’re in a process of recovering, with some already having fully recovered.

Again that is a total different part of the press conference. He gave the mic up to Pence and Azar and came back to answer a question. Yes the completely different statement was about the 15 infected but it had nothing to do with the statement in question

"Q Thank you very much, Mr. President. The doctor at CDC just talked about dusting off preparedness plans. But coming from you, it has more weight. Do you feel like U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading?

THE PRESIDENT: I would think so, yes. I mean, I haven’t spoken specifically about that with the various doctors, but I would think so, yes.

I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.

But, yeah, I think schools should be preparing and, you know, get ready just in case. The words are “just in case.” We don’t think we’re going to be there. We don’t think we’re going to be anywhere close. And again, if you look at some countries, they are coming down. It’s starting to go in the other direction.

This will end. This will end. You look at flu season. I said 26,000 people? I’ve never heard of a number like that. Twenty-six thousand people going up to sixty-nine thousand people, Doctor — you told me before. Sixty-nine thousand people die every year — from 26 [thousand] to 69 [thousand] — every year from the flu. Now, think of that. It’s incredible.

So far, the results of all of this that everybody is reading about — and part of the thing is you want to keep it the way it is. You don’t want to see panic because there’s no reason to be panicked about it."

He never said those 15 were going to be the end of it.

He did say it would go from 15 to close to zero though. We instead rocketed to the most cases in the entire world.

"Q Thank you very much, Mr. President. The doctor at CDC just talked about dusting off preparedness plans. But coming from you, it has more weight. Do you feel like U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading?

THE PRESIDENT: I would think so, yes. I mean, I haven’t spoken specifically about that with the various doctors, but I would think so, yes.

I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.

But, yeah, I think schools should be preparing and, you know, get ready just in case. The words are “just in case.” We don’t think we’re going to be there. We don’t think we’re going to be anywhere close. And again, if you look at some countries, they are coming down. It’s starting to go in the other direction.

This will end. This will end. You look at flu season. I said 26,000 people? I’ve never heard of a number like that. Twenty-six thousand people going up to sixty-nine thousand people, Doctor — you told me before. Sixty-nine thousand people die every year — from 26 [thousand] to 69 [thousand] — every year from the flu. Now, think of that. It’s incredible.

So far, the results of all of this that everybody is reading about — and part of the thing is you want to keep it the way it is. You don’t want to see panic because there’s no reason to be panicked about it."

You just quoted another lie by Trump. At the time he said the number of cases was increasing, and as we are painfully aware, continued to increase.

1 Like

Those are facts. I watch the press conferences myself and then watch the press reporting later and the press coverage doesn’t even begin to match what he actually said more times than not.

That’s how i know they are lying propagandists.

You should really stop it.

1 Like