Shooter reported at Texas high school

It’s the Russians.

A boy doesn’t need a man. A woman can do a better job.

■■■■■■■ Russians

I wouldn’t read that much into it. Board software is what it is.

I think he is blaming the kid pulling the trigger. But there is an underlying cause, and it ain’t the trigger.

LIVE UPDATES
Texas high school shooting
By Brian Ries, Meg Wagner and Veronica Rocha, CNN
Updated 11 min ago12:50 p.m. ET, May 18, 2018

17 min ago
Officials say explosives have been found both on and off campus
Explosive devices were found at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas and the surrounding areas near the high school, according to Chief Walter Braun of Santa Fe Independent School District Police.

Braun said community members should be on alert for any suspicious devices, and call 9-1-1 if they find a suspicious device.

Police Chief Jeff Powell warned residents in the area to keep a vigilant watch for “suspicious items” as “there have been confirmed reports of explosives found both on the campus and off the campus.”

He didn’t elaborate.

Galveston County Judge Mark Henry then added authorities did find “suspect material” off campus, and warned people, “Anything you see, please do not touch it.”

27 min ago
President Trump spoke with Gov. Greg Abbott
President Trump has called Texas Gov. Greg Abbott in the wake of this morning’s deadly shooting.

“President Trump spoke with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to offer his condolences for those affected by the shooting at Santa Fe High School," White House principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah said.

"The President pledged to work with the governor and provide all appropriate federal assistance.”

Besides, didn’t you just blame a kids mom for leaving her gun out?

It’s not even “kids”. It’s boys. What is going on here?

I totally agree - if you own a gun, you own the crimes committed if you don’t store it properly, etc…

Define properly.

But they exploit it to keep their lucrative lobby shop/hobby group open.

Same with raising a murderous kid.

The 2nd Amendment exists with or without the NRA.

Does the NYT and CNN exploit the 1st to keep their lucrative lobby shop/hobby group open?

It sounds like you’re frustrated the NRA is standing in your way of something.

Meh…don’t sweat it my friend. I’ve had that come up a few times when I’ve been hotly engaged in a discussion here as well. We all know you’re offering valuable contributions to discussions around here. I view that reminder as directed more towards the posters who will flood a thread with one and two word snippets over and over.

If you own a gun, it is your responsibility to keep it safely locked away. I don’t know how many times each year I hear about in Chicago kids finding their mom’s or dad’s or cousin’s or uncle’s gun…and they shoot themselves, or someone else. If you own it, you own the crime. I did not blame the mom for the kid pulling the trigger, I blame her for being his supplier.

I don’t “lock away” my guns. They’re useless locked up in a vault.

1 Like

Sure, and when your car is stolen from your driveway because it’s not in a locked garage and the thief kills a bunch of pedestrians as he is speeding away, let’s make sure we blame the owner of the car and put him in jail etc. Let’s use your criteria and punishment for every crime committed with an object stolen or taken from someone else.

Just caught me off guard…seemed like hey, shut up for a while. let other people talk. LOL…I wasn’t keeping anyone from talking. IF anything more people are engaged

1 Like

Is that what I did?

Yeah, this thread is like every other school shooting or mass shooting thread here.

It’s pointless.