Shooter reported at Texas high school

Sure they are.

1. Since 1999, we have added 120,000,000 guns to the pool.

2. The expansion of retail outlets and the internet means we all have WAY more access to guns than we did 40 years ago.

I love when the two of your are in a thread together…It’s always so entertaining! KABOOM…although, I will say…that it is now alarming that there are potentially explosive devises on campus that they are searching for.

1 Like

Well, IMO, FWIW, YMMV…you simply aren’t going t change anything. This middle of the road ‘let’s be reasonable’ approach against the incredible power of the NRA simply isn’t going to yield results.

And honestly…look, I used to feel the way you do on this issue. I grew up with guns. I even enjoyed shooting trap now and then…but honestly…I would trade my ability to buy a gun today at lunch - which I have - for the lives of the kids murdered in schools this year alone.

Wouldn’t you?

:rofl:

You’re no slouch yourself my friend!

I just read that as well. This situation seems to be getting worse and worse. Horrible.

Thank goodness a Trump supporter showed up at the scene with a MAGA hat and glock on his hip. When asked why he came, he said - “to get to the school and make America great again.”

You sidestepped that nicely. If one person in the US owned 10 trillion firearms and no one else had one they are not more accessible. What’s the percentage of US housolds with guns done in the last 40 years.

70 or so years ago you could buy a fully automatic at Sears.

How many Sears stores were their 70 years ago?

(I think the original time frame with 40 btw)

40 years ago, how many dicks sporting goods stores were there open 16 hours a day? It’s just a fact that it is easy to buy guns - and really, anything! - today than it was 40 years ago.

Also, the extra 120,000,000 guns…thats 120,000,000 more chances some one has a gun stolen, or leaves it unlocked and a kid gets it…etc…

While the number of households with the guns is relevant as well, but so to is the shear number of guns in the country.

Sad to hear, but theres nothing to be done or to be said about this.

Nothing will ever change.

This is America.

Hell Yeah…like I said…My wife went to school today in a bit more of a heightened state than usual. I hate seeing her leave like that. her school while an elementary school is right across the street from our high school. Anything could happen in that scenario. Her kids and she could be outside on recess which is directly across from the high school’s student parking lot. Most of the school clears out to this parking area during a fire drill. Kids on the playground would be sitting ducks. less than a football field away.

I would trade it in a heart beat, and I think there needs to be more restrictions, but better laws and stiffer sentences. Look at this.

The mother of this kid owned the gun. She didn’t secure it. In my opinion she should be just as guilty as her piece of crap kid. Thankfully no one died here but that is also why it wasn’t talked about very much outside of Illinois/Chicago.

There is a common thread, most of these kids doing the shooting didn’t own the guns, didn’t purchase them They were gotten from a family member, or they were given back after they were taken away. Look at it this way. My 23 year old just bought a brand new car for his new job 5 days after he graduated college. He and I went for a drive last night, and he’s still twitchy behind the wheel and he’s been driving since he was 17.

What would he do with a gun…probably nothing intentional…but twitchy none the less…he might accidentally shoot himself or someone else. WHich is why the gun is locked and not able to be used. Only I know how to unlock it.

Irony. Not for the reason you think.

Your son isn’t going to twitchy finger his way into killing a group of kids at a school. This has much more to do with the way kids are raised than anything else.

There’s the irony.

■■■■■■■ NBA.

The NRA didn’t write the 2nd Amendment.

Ban explosive devices.

Did you know when you reply and quote the previous poster, your edited word is not edited in the quoted reply section? Interesting.

:rofl:

You CAN’T ACCESS A GUN ON THE INTERNET.

I was in the middle of posting and this comes up:

Let others join the conversation
This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 29% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?

From my gracious hosts new forum…apparently I’m not letting others post, because I am responding to others. To me this seems like a great way to censor other thoughts…and get them to stop posting so much. Amy I keeping anyone from posting on this thread with my 29% of the total posts…has anyone seen this in the new forum? I believe i have provided more than adequate time for others to post. Maybe they just want me to take my KONSSURVATIVE BELIEFS and leave?

This is the new America where young males have broken or no relationships with their father and are very angry.

Guns are not more accessible than they have been since 1970.

The internet changed nothing.

The National Bomb Association is buying the politicians!

Really is that what you think happened? Blame everyone else but the kid pulling the trigger.