Seriously, There's a Couple of Things Bothering Me About the Direction

It impresses you? Much more performative perhaps. I have seen a group of retired generals exert enough power to amend a constitution.

Who do you think put Chavez in power?

Might want to think about that.

The opinion of an armor branch officer on A-stan is worth exactly what?

What is called “context”? It is “nuanced” as well?

Don’t be dramatic. In this country, we are talking about op-eds and open letters.

Ibid

Worth is relative, but a general is going to be more informed and familiar with the subject then a non-general. I mean that is simply self evident.

Invoking American exceptionalism? They count on people like you.

Ibid

:rofl: Case in point.

What in the world are you talking about?! I am not invoking exceptionalism, I am staring observable fact: America is not a South East Asian or Latin American banana republic. Generals don’t appoint presidents in this country, and your implication otherwise is just silly.

What is going on here? A general has dedicated their life to a profession, and risen to the top of that profession.

I am not saying generals are infallible, but surely we can weight their opinion on military matters more than the opinions of a grocery manager.

I’m beginning to see the problem.

What are the IQs of each?

Would you take a math class from a historian? Would you have a dentist remove your gall bladder?

Again, I am not saying they are infallible. I am not even saying that they are right. I am saying that their opinion has weight.

Would you take a counterinsurgency class from an armor or personnel officer?

They’re counting on you.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don’t like generals, and therefore their opinions are worthless.

How quotidian.

Have a nice day.

I’ll defer to your superior military experience then.

quotidian

:rofl: Somebody jumped on the bandwagon!

What role does the DOD play in an election?

Why are “formers” trying to influence the court?

https://legalnewsline.com/stories/510522812-former-ags-request-leniency-in-bank-fraud-case

Why are fomers amplifying media BS?

1 Like

Why are formers promoting conspiracy theories?

Calling for resignations?

1 Like

Impress? Not particularly. Instead it provides context about the why these people’s opinions are relevant.

And what context is that?

That their experience is relevant to the topic at hand.

How do you know they have any experience on the topic at hand?

So are we talking about a specific case? I thought you were just complaining in general about groups of people who write letters and sign them with their current or previous titles.

Just NOW you’re worried that groups other than the people have influence over the government.

Just NOW it’s starting to bother you?

The people haven’t had influence over the government for decades.

The only thing making it worse now is those groups are sinking their claws into state and now local governments, and doing it by telling the pitchfork people the torch people want to take their pitchforks.

A la “The LIBs want to indoctrinate your kids with CRT and take away their precious smiles by choking them on their own CO2 with masks. Don’t let them indoctrinate your kids…that’s OUR job”.

And you’re helping with that.

1 Like

I’m not complaining. I’m warning.

Do you assume because a guy has stars on his shoulders he’s Clausewitz?

I’ll remind you that every military catastrophe in history was led by a general.

1 Like