Serious Question on The Border Crisis-Illegal Immigration

Then do you keep going on about illegal immigration? Literally everything you post is legal.

Because they are illegals.

You want to address this from above?

Democrats believe the United States should be a beacon of hope for those who are suffering violence and injustice, which is why we will protect and expand the existing asylum system and other humanitarian protections.

Why do democrats want to expand the existing asylum system?

Not if they are in the country based on asylum.

I have no idea what that means in practice.

Yes, they are.

Of course you do. It means 300,000 illegals for Christmas.

Why does the DNC have a platform plank to expand the existing asylum system? What’s the goal?

Democrats believe the United States should be a beacon of hope for those who are suffering violence and injustice, which is why we will protect and expand the existing asylum system and other humanitarian protections.

Why?

It’s apples and oranges, not just in the historic numbers of people coming and the percentage of people coming from countries other than Mexico, and with the exponentially high percentage of people coming with (frivolous) asylum claims. If you actually believe there’s no difference, tell me why we never saw these issues during Trump or Obama’s terms:

You aren’t illegal if you followed a legal process. Even my kids understand this and they still believe in Santa Claus.

My guess? More judges to process backlog of asylum claims.

They didn’t.

Why?

Not what. Why?

Calliing them illegal is a way of demonizing them. Making them less than and not worthy of entrance into the country.

1 Like

Claiming asylum is legal. You agreed.

If someone is in this country without following the legal process of asylum (or other legal immigration policies) then those individuals are in fact, illegal.

The why…To process the backlog of asylum claims…
The how… by adding more judges
The when… 2020 and beyond

Correct… conservatives need things in simple terms… so everyone who enters the country from our southern border is illegal.

1 Like

In Spanish:

Restableceremos, ampliaremosysimplificaremos lasproteccionespara losSoñadores(Dreamers)ylos padresdeniñosciudadanosestadounidensesparamantenerunidasalasfamiliasenlascomunidadesque durante mucho tiempo han llamado hogar. LosdemócratascreemosquelosEstadosUnidosdeberíaserunsímbolodeesperanzaparaquienessufren deviolenciae injusticias, yesporestoqueprotegeremosyampliaremoselsistemaexistentedeasiloy otrasproteccioneshumanitarias.

Link

Says the same thing as the english above. This one seems to have more “tRuMp!”, but I didn’t officially compare the two.

So the claim that republicans calling the open border open in english seems a bit silly now.

Nice stuff in there about healthcare too.

1 Like

Why is there a “backlog of asylum claims” to process?

By walking across the river through the chaparral? You betcha.

How many judges do you need to process the backlog plus 300k more a month?

Isn’t that encounters? Of those how many are asylum.

In any case, I have no idea how many you need.