Separate But Equal

So you know you are wrong and Title IX doesn’t mention “separate but equal”

True, but it does reference slavery

Not explicitly, but it does have nothing to do with segregation. Within the context of my OP, my Separate but Equal argument has nothing to do with segregation either.

Title IX was not written in a Brown vs. Board of Education way mandating it. Rather it imposes a Plessy vs. Ferguson “separate but equal” structure, requiring the demonstration of full equality in budgeting to federal regulators.

Yup. It was never meant to be. It was all a facade and ploy to keep blacks in line.

To keep them separate.

I hate to anger you further, don’t look up the other woke libs in US history

• suffrage movement
  • brown vs board of education
  • caesar chavez
  • mlk

But if it was actually equal, i don’t think there would have been as much anger. the fact that they were blatantly not even close to equal.

I’m not angry. You keep forgetting that I don’t take any of this stuff seriously. I’m simply here to engage in discussion that is of interest to me.

Bipartisan effort resulting the Women’s Right Amendment.

Bipartisan effort resulting in the civil rights act of1964.

Both actists

WOKE LIBs today have nothing in common with those historical events and figures. Those efforts were done to right wrongs during those time periods.

WOKE LIBs today have nothing left to fight for when it comes to those kinds of wrongs. They are simply rehashing ancient history in order to remain relevant.

Seriously, what is CRT and Social Justice messaging all about? Is it to right some major injustice? Or is it simply to indoctrinate and reeducate America about wrongs that have already been righted?

I find it laughable that you would equate WOKE LIBs today with historical figures that really did make a difference.

That’s exactly right.

Of course there would have been every bit as much anger. Everything about that ugly period in our history was and should have been offensive to blacks. But that kind of ugly behavior is largely behind us now. I strongly believe that it is a mistake to keep looking back, while attempting to relitigate the past.

No one wants ro religitate anything.

People are focused on injustices they perceive are still happening now.

Some people think there are no injustices remaining and instead of listening to find out maybe there still are, they stop of their ears and imagine they themselves are the ones being persecuted.

People didn’t listen to Colin Kaepernick. They railed that he was “doing it wrong”.

LIBs do. That’s exactly what CRT and Social Justice messaging is all about.

Except it’s not.

There are arguments to be made against CRT. There are debates to be had.

You aren’t even close to latching in to the right ones because you think everything in America is just so gosh darned perfect.

Why would they? There are many ways to get ones message across. Disrespecting our National Anthem isn’t one of them. That is the quickest way to turn someone off.

1 Like

America isn’t perfect. I never even remotely hinted that it was. But it is the greatest country on the face of God’s green earth. And I can say that proudly.

1 Like

Except it is.

Tag you’re it.

What would black people say if people sat on their asses during the black national anthem?

Well, if the NFL goes through with this, we’ll have a chance to find out.

Go right ahead.

Better yet, make sure you explain how you are being oppressed.

Sure. The same way Kaepernick was being oppressed.