Separate But Equal

He was speaking for others he believed was.

Go ahead…you do the same.

They should be good with it, right?

Ok… how about all those white people killed blacks in gang shootings, drive-bys, robberies… and they’re never brought to justice.

How about them?

They deserve justice, right? That’s what Kaepernick was protesting, right?

Well, I would expect the same sort of measured response the right gave when Kaepernick, Rapinoe, et al kneeled.

Maybe you should go ask him.

And have a discussion.

Imagine having a discussion instead of judging how he chose to call attention to a problem he cared about.

So the left should applaud those who sit down, keep their hats on, etc… for consistency, right?

Sure, I’ll just give him a call.

Well there you go. Now you can kneel in some pale and pathetic parody during “Lift Every Voice”!

It’s a win/win.

'Murica :us:

They could, most probably will, but I am sure there will be the whiny, outraged contingent.

Pathetic just like Kaepernick… awesome! Same rules apply for both, right?

He sat on his ass during the anthem. ■■■■ him. This song doesn’t mean the same as the national anthem.

So should the NFL designate as the “White National Anthem”?

1 Like

Well if the song doesn’t have the same meaning, what is the issue here?

I don’t know if you can see it, but it’s clear to the rest of us that you’re trying to catch me in some stupid bothsiderism nonsense. Please just stop

I’m not trying to do that. I know your stances are all to the left and all they do is sacrosanct and the right is wrong.

Nothing the left can do is wrong. I understand it.

Sure! I nominate Battle Hym Of The Republic!

Actually, the left can do quite a bit wrong and downright silly.

However, and to my knowledge, this came from the NFL, not “the left”.

The black national anthem, their words.

Yes, but that is not the topic of the thread. The thread is about the NFL’s proposal to sing both the anthem and Lift Every Voice, and the subsequent right wing vapor lock.

Lift Every Voice, clearly identified by the NFL and other outlets as the black national anthem. Am I imagining things? How is that not the topic?

2 Likes